Saw blade organization

OCtoolguy

I got my blae supply down to sizes3.5.7.&9 I have found that those are the only blades I ever use & #5 is used most I have them stored in my Mechinist tool box I do have other ssize blades that I thought I would use but never diid and thay are in a different  drawer snf i haven't used any of them in many  years.

IKE

Guess I am the odd ball.  I use a lot of different sizes/types of blades.  I even change blades when cutting on the save picture, real small in delicate area, larger and more aggressive where there are large areas to cut out or a straight line,  I even sometimes switch blades cutting the same cutout.  Cutting "The Last Supper" piece I had to use spirals because of the length of the board.  In many places I went back to a cutout with a straight blade to make sharp pointed corners where needed.  The only blades I don't use many sizes of are the spirals.  Was using only the FD 3/0 New Spiral, recently tried the Pegas 2/0 spiral and I really like it.  I have several other sizes but do not like them.

I have two of the test tube racks and use "Baby Soda Bottles" from Steve Spangler Science.

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/store/baby-soda-bottles-test-tubes-rack.html

They are nearly indestructible, the lids prevent spillage and I just mark the blade size on the lid with a Sharpie®.

On 1/29/2018 at 2:50 PM, new2woodwrk said:

Hey, where are your pictures of your turntable? LOL

Good thread - currently, I'm keeping mine in the containers they came with  (bubble packs) since I don't have that many yet anyway.

I saw pictures of blades in tubes standing up and laying down in a drawer. Amazon sells these tubes - not sure where you would get free tubes like that or be able to make something along the same lines

craft stores carry them

On 1/31/2018 at 11:48 AM, Scrappile said:

Hi Paul, I took your advice and ordered the tubes. Two day delivery. Amazing! I'm using PVC but the thought about the consequence of dropping them. So a new holder is in order. Talk about organization, here is the corner behind my shop. Not bragg'in...just say'en.

3-20180203_123429.jpg