EX-21......Home Depot, price drop......

Scrolling Steve

3 hours ago, kap279 said:

It does seem like a good deal - is there still concern over replacement parts with the excalibur or would you not let that affect your decision to purchase?

Kirk, who ever had concerns about parts for the EX? I never had any concerns, and I didn't know others did either? People were worried about getting parts from Ray at Seyco, but you could get what you needed elsewhere. 

Len

On 1/30/2018 at 10:50 PM, Lucky2 said:

Kirk, who ever had concerns about parts for the EX? I never had any concerns, and I didn't know others did either? People were worried about getting parts from Ray at Seyco, but you could get what you needed elsewhere. 

Hi Len,

I had read some concerns on this forum that gave me my initial concern.  A local person was selling one and she told me where she bought it from - a local woodworking store similar to woodcraft - so I called them and the salesperson seemed hesitant.  He told me it was a gamble to purchase it - he didn't say not to purchase it, but he wasn't sure how easy parts would be to get.  He was concerned that since the new model is made in a different factory it may be made differently and with different parts.  Someone posted a review on the Home Depot website as well saying he cancelled his order as the company was out of business and he couldn't get parts.  I was just worried that they went out of business and if they couldn't manufacture the saw they wouldn't be making the parts.  I don't have a lot of knowledge on the size of a lot of these companies but it definitely seems like a niche market so I was concerned that these parts wouldn't me made by aftermarket companies or other companies making similar saws if necessary.  It seemed that seyco got burned by EX a little bit too so I wasn't sure if he would continue to have the parts.  I'm glad you and others are confident in this company and the parts - it definitely puts my mind at ease!