A pattern by Fish

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, Dave Monk said:

Looks good to me Dick. Those spirals are a bugger. I try to stay away from them as much as I can. Mine always look so darn fuzzy on the back when I use them.

sThat definitely is a big drawback on them. There are some patterns where they just are the only good blade to use on a pattern, This one could have worked out better had I used the spiral blades I like. I purchased some Pagas blades and I do not like them much. they make their teeth too large and they are too aggressive for my liking. If I was cutting 3/4 walnut, then maybe they would work out well, not even sure about that.

Dick 

heppnerguy

5 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

This is a great pattern by Fish. It is Charlie  Chaplin from the movie, "Tramp". It is the story of a bum that finds an abandon baby on the street and ends up raising him. The boy and the tramp become quite the companions. It is from the silent movies era and is a rather heart wrenching film. If you have never seen it, you can find it on line and watch it for free. If you have never watched a silent film before or if you have and thought they were dull and stupid, do yourself a favor and watch this one.

I know that I did not do a very good job on the pattern but I know that I will do this one again sometime. I saw it and knew I just had to give it a try. I used a #1 spiral on it and did not like the results of the blade I used but was still glad that I gave it a go. 

Dick

heppnerguy

Chaplin.PNG

Nicely done Richard!!!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, wombatie said:

What size is it Dick?  Is the frame making it look smaller?  If it's on the small size I would definitely make it bigger.  Great looking cutting though.

Marg

It is cut on an 8 X ii.5 inch.. the frame is rather large but it is for that size. I bought it at a garage sale and  decided that since I was making it for myself, I would use the frame. I have to agree that it does make it look like a smaller size then it is

Dick

heppnerguy

18 hours ago, Fish said:

Very nice work!  I really like the way you cut that and the size..  great job

Thanks for making such a  wonderful pattern.. I am sorry I did not do it justice but I will cut it again sometime in the future and I think I can make you proud with the next one. 

Dick

heppnerguy