painting ornaments

nicholas

I usually use the natural color of the wood for ornaments but thought it would be a nice option to have some painted as well. Does anyone out there paint ornaments? I'm not talking about one color, I've seen some in magazines that use several colors on one ornament and was curious what is used. Paint markers? And how do you paint the interior edges???

Sometimes i hook a paper clip to it and dip in the paint ,let hang and wipe off the hanging drip before it's dry. I do this with keychains and clear concrete sealer.The sealer is very strong and thick like honey. Makes for a long lasting durable scratch proof finish. As it's againsts a pocket full of keys allways trying to scratch them.I dip things in stain too if soft wood. If hard wood i'll wipe off the exceess and hang dry.What ever works for you go for it! :)Dipping the compound project in one color ,let dry and just paint the outsides ,very nice clean looking job,totally painted inside out. :)