still out of service!

SCROLLSAW703

5 weeks ago this coming thursday, I had two heart attacks & a lung embolism. They flew me out of here to a bigger hospital with a Cardiologist & all the fancy equipment to figure out what was going on. That's when they broke the news to my bride about the two heart attacks & my lungs. He said my lungs had 2 large blood clots in them, & a smaller one that was going to have to come out that day.

The way the Cardiologist explained it to us was the left side of my heart & lungs were getting no oxygen what so ever. Basically, he said, I was slowly dieing. Those clots had to come out that day, no matter what! He said on top of the heart attacks, those are an emergency.

So, 6:30 that evening, we were in the heart cath room to remove the blood clots. 

It goes without saying, it has been a rough 5 weeks. in & out of the hospital 3X, bad weather here, all that took a lot out of me. And my bride wound up with the flu, & has been tryin' to look after me. We have home health nurses comin' in for PT & meds. 

In the mean time, this bein' the only site I visit, I get on here & see what everybody is up to, as I'm not able to get back in my shop yet. 

I'd like to say I may sound a little out of sorts at times, but that's not any of you. That's the ol' truck driver in me. Thank you all for your friendship, & bein' here to just be friends. All I'm askin' is throw a prayer our way on occasion, & let me hang out when I can, & post now & then. I'll keep you posted as this goes along. Thank you again for the friendship & brotherhood!  It has been part of what's keepin' me goin'! God bless & keep makin' sawdust!

Brad, so sorry to hear that you have had so much going on for the past several weeks.  You are much too young to have all that going on with your heart and lungs!  (I saw your bday on your profile and you are younger then me. ;))Most have been all that hard living you did out on the road as a truck driver! :DI am glad that they were able to get you airlifted out to what sounds like an excellent hospital and staff who quickly caught what was going on and get you in to get you on the mend.  I cannot imagine the worry and stress your wife had going on and not surprised that she caught the flu.  Especially if you were in and out of the hospital so much.  Prayers are being said for both of you and for the staff working to get you healthy again.  You are allowed to be "out of sorts" and we are happy to have you here hanging out until you can get back out to the shop and make some sawdust again. I confess that I hangout here more then  Seem to be in the shop of late.  Hope to get out there some today perhaps.  Good luck and keep us posted.

thank you all, meflick, wayne, & cowpoke, all of you. I sincerely appreciate your thoughts & prayers. That is what I enjoy about this site. The caring, friendship, & coming together when one of us is in need of that. 
Meflick, things have been very rough for Mary Ann. She has worried herself sick. It is just her & I, & when all she was hearing was bad news, she worried that much more. Her nerves are shot. But, she is on the mend now, slowly. As am I. We sincerely appreciate the caring & friendship, & prayers. And, you're right. Alot of this is kick back from a hard life on the road. 35 years can do more damage than we realize. I had viral menengitis in 2009. I come in off the road with it. I can't begin to tell you what we went thru with that. But since then, my health has slowly deteriorated. I just keep waitin' for the other shoe to drop.:( Thank you again for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated, & mean the world to us! keep makin sawdust, & God Bless!!

4 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

thank you all, meflick, wayne, & cowpoke, all of you. I sincerely appreciate your thoughts & prayers. That is what I enjoy about this site. The caring, friendship, & coming together when one of us is in need of that. 
Meflick, things have been very rough for Mary Ann. She has worried herself sick. It is just her & I, & when all she was hearing was bad news, she worried that much more. Her nerves are shot. But, she is on the mend now, slowly. As am I. We sincerely appreciate the caring & friendship, & prayers. And, you're right. Alot of this is kick back from a hard life on the road. 35 years can do more damage than we realize. I had viral menengitis in 2009. I come in off the road with it. I can't begin to tell you what we went thru with that. But since then, my health has slowly deteriorated. I just keep waitin' for the other shoe to drop.:( Thank you again for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated, & mean the world to us! keep makin sawdust, & God Bless!!

I can only imagine how worried she has been. Been a rough time for you both for sure. Glad you are both on the mend, albeit slowly.  Will continue to say prayers for both of you.  Let us know how you are doing. Together, you will hopefully be able to help each other get better I am sure.

17 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

5 weeks ago this coming thursday, I had two heart attacks & a lung embolism. They flew me out of here to a bigger hospital with a Cardiologist & all the fancy equipment to figure out what was going on. That's when they broke the news to my bride about the two heart attacks & my lungs. He said my lungs had 2 large blood clots in them, & a smaller one that was going to have to come out that day.

The way the Cardiologist explained it to us was the left side of my heart & lungs were getting no oxygen what so ever. Basically, he said, I was slowly dieing. Those clots had to come out that day, no matter what! He said on top of the heart attacks, those are an emergency.

So, 6:30 that evening, we were in the heart cath room to remove the blood clots. 

It goes without saying, it has been a rough 5 weeks. in & out of the hospital 3X, bad weather here, all that took a lot out of me. And my bride wound up with the flu, & has been tryin' to look after me. We have home health nurses comin' in for PT & meds. 

In the mean time, this bein' the only site I visit, I get on here & see what everybody is up to, as I'm not able to get back in my shop yet. 

I'd like to say I may sound a little out of sorts at times, but that's not any of you. That's the ol' truck driver in me. Thank you all for your friendship, & bein' here to just be friends. All I'm askin' is throw a prayer our way on occasion, & let me hang out when I can, & post now & then. I'll keep you posted as this goes along. Thank you again for the friendship & brotherhood!  It has been part of what's keepin' me goin'! God bless & keep makin' sawdust!

Brad, That was a perfect time for you to leave us but Your a die hard diesel man running twin stacks .Your  Hawk BM - 26, CW - 40 Hatachi, 16" Craftsman,are waiting for you so just slow down for now and check in often.It's God's way of telling you to slow down .Go one down to the truck stop and smell the diesel in the morning.That should mellow your day out.We'll keep an eye out for you here with prayers on their way,Post haste!