Hawk For Sale.. Or Is It A Hawk?

kmmcrafts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scroll-Saw-RBI-Industries-Model-216-Excellent-Condition/253434198505?hash=item3b01daf9e9:g:UXcAAOSwU9RaiMXi

This looks like it must be a really old Hawk or a Mutt saw, LOL I can't decide if it's really a Hawk or not.. Not the arms on this.. looks to me to be a one piece C arm.. The stand is surely a Hawk.. but just don't know about that saw.. Note it also has the Hawk style tension lever at the front..  Never seen the 216 have the tension lever at the front like that.. 

I think I'm going to visit the Hawk site and look at the early model manuals.. but this set up is certainly a rare one if it is a Hawk..   

Edited to add:

I just looked.. yeah sure is a Hawk.. That C arm design would make this a more aggressive cutting saw.. much like the Delta Q3 saws back in the day.. 

http://www.hawkwoodworkingtools.com/files/SawManuals/model_216_eagle_serial_1_-_500.pdf

Edited by kmmcrafts

That is precisely my Hawk. It just does not have a tension release at the front. Tension is released at the rear lever. However, it being only a 16" saw it is only a short reach and works conveniently. On the 220 and 226 not so. Too long a reach, hence the front release. Everything else is exactly the same. When my 220 Ultra gets a new motor control it will not cut better, faster, more precise, less vibration than the 220". With the exception of the front tension release the 216 is actually a bit better for me as it is a bit shorter and takes up less room. Hard to say what I will do with saws. One or the other will have to go. I only cut small things.

2 hours ago, Rockytime said:

That is precisely my Hawk. It just does not have a tension release at the front. Tension is released at the rear lever. However, it being only a 16" saw it is only a short reach and works conveniently. On the 220 and 226 not so. Too long a reach, hence the front release. Everything else is exactly the same. When my 220 Ultra gets a new motor control it will not cut better, faster, more precise, less vibration than the 220". With the exception of the front tension release the 216 is actually a bit better for me as it is a bit shorter and takes up less room. Hard to say what I will do with saws. One or the other will have to go. I only cut small things.

Your 216 has the C arm? I thought the pictures you showed before of it,  it was built like the normal Hawks.. with the upper and lower arm connected at the back of the saw with the tension rod wedges and tension cam lever.. This one I show in the link has a one piece arm and the tension cam at the front... odd for a 216.. but it appears to be the first series of the 216.. probably not many out there like this.. 

5 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Your 216 has the C arm? I thought the pictures you showed before of it,  it was built like the normal Hawks.. with the upper and lower arm connected at the back of the saw with the tension rod wedges and tension cam lever.. This one I show in the link has a one piece arm and the tension cam at the front... odd for a 216.. but it appears to be the first series of the 216.. probably not many out there like this.. 

Oooh, My Bad. I never looked at the photo closely. I saw the stand and said OK. Yes my 216 is exactly like my 220. Talk about not paying attention!