i'm sure i cut something today ,can't find it

amazingkevin

the tenant here must be bipolar or worse.He was blaring his music 25' from my open shop i  asked him i to knock it off(metalica music)Well that didn't sit well with him so all day long he bad mouthed me by texting me ,threating me etc.Most days he's cooperative and mellow but wow when you say something negative about him he goes ballistic.I hate to write him off as a friend as I don't need this.103 texts of the worst kind. I had to leave to compose my self.He's super smart and can imitate and voice, knows all the words to any song and anything he knows about you he will use against you in his rage.I've slammed my garage door down many times to put a barrier between us when he's not taking his meds ,any suggestions ?

''

Edited by amazingkevin

Perhaps catch him on a good day and tell him word for word how he treats you on a bad day and that if it continues you will have no choice other than to have nothing to do with him again which would be a shame because when you have taken your meds you are a nice person, this may well trip something in him to stay away from you when he is not so stable has worked for me in the past with a neighbour until he had a particularly bad episode and decided to come into my property where I had young children to protect needless to say he did get far . That is the only thing you can do really but sometimes they do not realise what they have done so to show and tell does sometimes make them sit back and think I am not missing my meds no more or if I am having a bad episode I will stay away from Kevin because I remember what I done last time because he showed me. Worth a try and good luck it is a tricky one .

Actually the last thing I would do is mention "meds" to someone who is on them!

Is he really a friend, or just a neighbor you have to put up with?

If the latter, my advice  is when the music gets too loud, call the police - otherwise unless you're prepared for an escalation of the problems, ignore him.

In fact, don't even talk to him - let him approach you as to why you're not speaking to him.

If he really is on meds, arm yourself for protection!

Edited by new2woodwrk

An idea that might be worth trying is a video. or even a tape recording of one of the rants; that will give you credibility if this escalates to a serious problem; instead of merely highly irritating!

A few over a week or so will be even better.

Edited by rjR

Kevin,your best bet,as hard as it might be,is to try your best to put this guy on ignore.Arguing with him or revenging him

won't work as his mind is not right,and you cannot beat him as he will always return.He plays havoc without trying,just imagine

if he were to really put it to you.delete the texts and enjoy scrolling something....take care

20 hours ago, blights69 said:

Perhaps catch him on a good day and tell him word for word how he treats you on a bad day and that if it continues you will have no choice other than to have nothing to do with him again which would be a shame because when you have taken your meds you are a nice person, this may well trip something in him to stay away from you when he is not so stable has worked for me in the past with a neighbour until he had a particularly bad episode and decided to come into my property where I had young children to protect needless to say he did get far . That is the only thing you can do really but sometimes they do not realise what they have done so to show and tell does sometimes make them sit back and think I am not missing my meds no more or if I am having a bad episode I will stay away from Kevin because I remember what I done last time because he showed me. Worth a try and good luck it is a tricky one .

Insane people are very risky.This is the third episode ,no more.I have cameras but no way to record.That would sure help me in an altercation.I already told him abusing elderly is big serious business with the family and children division where I get my food stamps as they ask me everytime someone mistreating you .Thanks Frank!

17 hours ago, Brianr24 said:

Baseball bat

I can't defend myself anymore having arthritis since 2013 I can barely stand ,walk carry groceries etc I dread bodily harm to myself or others .I'm going to look into a recorder should he persist.I know he's on meth and other things,scary, you don't know which monster your dealing with at any given time.Just ruins my day .I spend so much time giving projects to add a little happiness in peoples lives and one crumb bum can ruin it all. Thanks Brian.I do have a rapid fire nail gun!!!!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

Actually the last thing I would do is mention "meds" to someone who is on them!

Is he really a friend, or just a neighbor you have to put up with?

If the latter, my advice  is when the music gets too loud, call the police - otherwise unless you're prepared for an escalation of the problems, ignore him.

In fact, don't even talk to him - let him approach you as to why you're not speaking to him.

If he really is on meds, arm yourself for protection!

I don't want to ruin my stay here at the warehouse.Your not allowed to live in them.It was a blessing to find this one after 47 years.So police are a last resort.He has so many Gays come in his warehouse for sex an drugs.I hate it as they use the bathroom i keep spotless as nobody every cleaned it till i got here .Some nights on there drug induced rampage of sex they will trash the bathroom with clothing,lube etc.Very sickening to say the least.Others don't understand why he and his friends do it.i could go on but this is a family club.

16 hours ago, 3Dface said:

2 wrongs don't make a right, but.... make a play list of... the Andrews Sisters and other up beat dance music from the 30s 40s and 50s and whenever he turns of his loud music you turn on yours!!! :razz:

BTW i like some songs by metalica...

I can fight fire with fire but that gets you nowhere fast.I perfer to let him hang himself by getting caught buying meth or having a car accident on drugs,i'm sure crack is in the mix too.

10 hours ago, rjR said:

An idea that might be worth trying is a video. or even a tape recording of one of the rants; that will give you credibility if this escalates to a serious problem; instead of merely highly irritating!

A few over a week or so will be even better.

Best advice Ralph,i'm looking into it i have cameras (2) and in color.I needed these to find out who's messing up the bathroom,with a sensor to let me know theres motion ,it was him doing it.Thanks friend .I got the cameras and monitor from harbor freight cheap!!!!

7 hours ago, Gordster said:

Kevin,your best bet,as hard as it might be,is to try your best to put this guy on ignore.Arguing with him or revenging him

won't work as his mind is not right,and you cannot beat him as he will always return.He plays havoc without trying,just imagine

if he were to really put it to you.delete the texts and enjoy scrolling something....take care

I'm at peace with the world scrolling ,My mind is off arthritis and surroundings.If my warehouse door is open I'm scrolling, other than that it's down and I'm sleeping.Your advice is very good.One person here witnessed it all from a distance and when things calmed down he went and talked to him and got nowhere .they both speak Spanish which should have been a plus but no help.he gave up on the guy trying to say don't do that.Thanks, Gordie.Every place I move there's always one apple in the bunch that just ruins it for everybody.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:33 AM, newfie said:

That' to bad Kevin that you have a someone like that living that close to you. I think the best thing for you do us stay away from him as much as possible better to be safe then sorry.

He's lived here longer than me and the police have come to his warehouse 3 times that I know of and his roommate took him to court,He loves to stir up trouble, Now in his threats he's saying that when he moves out in  2 months he will turn me in to code enforcement for living in a warehouse.That's the pits , just for asking him to turn the music down.He does this between 12 midnight and 5 in the morning.Many people are within close earshot of this noise at the ungodly hour.He just has no common sense.