Excalibur Finally Using It.

kmmcrafts

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

Okay now that it was a little warmer out today and I have the EX -21 set up.. tuned the way Hotshot had mentioned to me a long while ago.. I wasn't rushed to get an order out or anything I thought I'd set at the Excalibur for the day... 

I'm very impressed with the ease of cutting.. fine detail work.. I was cutting out clocks trying to replenish some of my sold out inventory.. Below is a couple pictures of what I was cutting ( NOT THE ACTUAL ONE's )  today.. The ease of cutting out the detail in the grass areas that with my DW788 I always backed in and out to get nice crisp points on the grass.. The Hawk was better than the 788 but not nothing like the ease of cutting this out n the Excalibur..

Another thing.. while I have the blade tuned to go pretty much straight up and down the saw still bites into the wood very good.. unlike the Hawk was for me.. I always felt like I'm forcing the wood through the Hawk.. Not so at all with the Excalibur.. While I don't think it bites away the wood quite as fast as the 788.. with better control the speed of cutting is actually faster I believe.. 

il_570xN.1033877133_by0l.jpg

il_570xN.854649914_99c4.jpg

Ver nice stuff Kevin.

3 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Okay now that it was a little warmer out today and I have the EX -21 set up.. tuned the way Hotshot had mentioned to me a long while ago.. I wasn't rushed to get an order out or anything I thought I'd set at the Excalibur for the day... 

I'm very impressed with the ease of cutting.. fine detail work.. I was cutting out clocks trying to replenish some of my sold out inventory.. Below is a couple pictures of what I was cutting ( NOT THE ACTUAL ONE's )  today.. The ease of cutting out the detail in the grass areas that with my DW788 I always backed in and out to get nice crisp points on the grass.. The Hawk was better than the 788 but not nothing like the ease of cutting this out n the Excalibur..

Another thing.. while I have the blade tuned to go pretty much straight up and down the saw still bites into the wood very good.. unlike the Hawk was for me.. I always felt like I'm forcing the wood through the Hawk.. Not so at all with the Excalibur.. While I don't think it bites away the wood quite as fast as the 788.. with better control the speed of cutting is actually faster I believe.. 

il_570xN.1033877133_by0l.jpg

il_570xN.854649914_99c4.jpg

I would like an ex but can't afford and the big 30" one too!

I do not believe the dog's nose is touching. I have that pattern and have scrolled it before and if memory serves me well there is a space there. Kevin when I first started cutting patterns such as that with grass like that I too use to back out and make pointed cuts, now I can turn on a dime and you would never see that slight round edge. I defy you to see it. Just comes with years of practice and all those little tricks you pick up along the way. Always like to keep the cutting going. Looks good.  

28 minutes ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

I do not believe the dog's nose is touching. I have that pattern and have scrolled it before and if memory serves me well there is a space there. Kevin when I first started cutting patterns such as that with grass like that I too use to back out and make pointed cuts, now I can turn on a dime and you would never see that slight round edge. I defy you to see it. Just comes with years of practice and all those little tricks you pick up along the way. Always like to keep the cutting going. Looks good.  

Thanks JT,

Yeah cutting that grass is tough to do on the 788 saws.. I do it sometimes but usually depends on the type of wood I cut and the blade I'm cutting with.. On the 788 no matter how slow I turn the speed down.. I always get a burnt end on the tip of the grass. Never does that with the Hawks or the Excalibur.. I think it was easier to do on the Excalibur that any of the other saws I've used.. very doable without burning on the Hawks.. but very seldom can do it without burning on the 788..

4 hours ago, boulpat said:

Very nice cuts, the only thing I regret a little is that the nose of the dog touches the edge, I think a slight space give more dynamic to the scene
  as in photography: avoid closing the view on a character

otherwise I would like to cut as well as you:oops:

Thank you, 

The nose doesn't touch the side.. I think it just looks that way with the way the picture was taken..

What's not to love about the EX21 had mine for a few years still works as new. I had one issue it stopped dead once check everything and when I pulled the plug out I realised it wasn't plugged into the back of the saw somehow I'd pulled it out or it wasn't in properly in the first place. I think the latter :lol: Roly