I want to compile a list of all those who own a Hegner

OCtoolguy

Ray you know I do because we have talked before. I do not use it that often any more but still in my arsenal. I do have it set up to make angle cuts that I use for my napkin holders and was using for my collapsible baskets that I use make many of. Other than that it sits and collects dust but not from sawing. It is an older unit and is 18" . I use a foot switch as I do on all my saws. I put a wood top on it for zero clearance and smooth sliding of work piece. Not much more I can say about it. 

On 12/27/2017 at 6:06 PM, octoolguy said:

Hey Sycamore67,  don't worry about it too much. I am guilty of doing this quite often. And it is always unintentional. But, for me, it's more of a conversational thing. I'm reading along and something in the thread will jog my brain and I must jump in and either say something or ask a question. that may or may not be related to the original post. I'm sorry for doing it but I feel that it's like we are all just sitting around chatting and it's an informal atmosphere so the subject can change or take different directions. The original poster can jump in and steer it back to where he was heading. I certainly hope nobody is offended when I do this and if they are, please tell me. But, being new to this hobby, I have many questions buzzing around in my head and if I was to open a new thread for every one of them, it would never end. 

Ray

Interesting that you want to avoid unrelated feedback.  I posted about hijacking threads and was told not to worry about it as it just happens and here is a quote from you from this thread.

6 hours ago, Sycamore67 said:

Interesting that you want to avoid unrelated feedback.  I posted about hijacking threads and was told not to worry about it as it just happens and here is a quote from you from this thread.

That was not my intent. It has nothing to do with hijacking threads. I just thought it might be nice to create a group of like minded folks. Sort of like a group of stamp collectors wanting to separate from cooks and recipes. I guess I might have been expecting too much.

R

Ray, a simple search of the site shows 66 Hegner owners. You can tailor the search to be more specific with dates and such. I hope the link works. 

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/search/?type=core_members&group[4]=1&group[18]=1&group[3]=1&group[13]=1&group[6]=1&group[17]=1&group[11]=1&group[12]=1&group[16]=1&core_pfield_11=Hegner

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ray, a simple search of the site shows 66 Hegner owners. You can tailor the search to be more specific with dates and such. I hope the link works. 

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/search/?type=core_members&group[4]=1&group[18]=1&group[3]=1&group[13]=1&group[6]=1&group[17]=1&group[11]=1&group[12]=1&group[16]=1&core_pfield_11=Hegner

Thanks Dan. I never knew that was there. Now, I can spend the rest of the day doing different searches.  I love it.

R

30 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I have a Hegner. Wish I didn't. Gathering dust in the corner. Blade breakage has always been a problem.

I also have a Hawk (late 90's vintage and bought used) and a DeWalt 788 - both which I like very much.

bb

Why not free up some money and sell it. They go fast if you price it right. 

R