How much?

Vector01

We are having another craft fair in town coming in October. The last one was a bust. It rained both days. Unfortunately they don't have rain dates. I was fortunate enough to sell most of my wood burningsthough. This year I will try selling scroll portraits. Problem is how much to price them for.

I will basically use the same formula as my woodburnings.

Cutting time X Rate per hour For example 6 hours X $4.00 per hour = $24.00 dollars

Wood Cost per sheet (+ shipping) "" "" 8.5 X 11" BB birch ply =$4.00 dollars

Blades Amount used X Cost "" "" 6 X .30 =$1.80 dollars

Stain/Finish (rough estimate) =$2.00 dollars

Frame (Walmart) =$2.00 dollars

I don't get into making my own frames for a couple of reasons. 1) The cost 2) Most people usually will change the frame to match their particular home decor 3) I don't have the room or proper tools.

So rounded off it comes to $35.00 dollars for an 8.5 X 11" framed scroll portrait. Which I think would be a good price. The other consideration would be is there anything like this being sold at the show? What is the quality of the works and what are they charging? It's always a good idea to walk around and check out the other vendors ;) You can adjust your prices as needed. I wouldn't personally go lower but higher is not a bad thing :lol:

How do you price your work?

It's tuff to come to a fair price without having a better idea of last years show. Since the rain cut down on the amount of people that actually showed up (including vendors) it's hard to gauge. I actually purchase my 1/4" b/bb ply from Rhonda (Sloans). Like mentioned, if need be I can adjust my prices. Hopefully the weather will be better. If nothing else it will be fun to meet other scrollers.

Hey Art,keep at it! That would be a treat to meet other scrollers.Even when i price my work at minimum wage per hour nobody still wants to part with the money even though they love what there seeing.But i thrive on the good comments too.i just did a pelican and i though ,you know ,two idendical pelicans would be a better selling gimmic so i stack cut them.Just thinking of ways to make things sell easyer.They want $250.00 to get into a show as a vender here. :)