Another Tui on a flax flower

Rob

A customer wanted one of my Tui plaques but as a coat rack so this one is cut oversize at 24 x 12 inches and 3/4 inch thick.  Reclaimed rimu as usual, this piece was the side panel of a kitchen drawer unit.  There were some marks and holes where the drawer runners had been but I was able to cut some conical rimu pegs and insert them into the holes before cutting them flush.  Finish is several coats of hand rubbed linseed oil, mineral spirits and varnish mixed in equal thirds.  The customer will mount their own hooks along the bottom.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

TuiCoatRack.thumb.jpg.9c3d516264cd19620dbc387c30c01870.jpg

5 hours ago, Rob said:

A customer wanted one of my Tui plaques but as a coat rack so this one is cut oversize at 24 x 12 inches and 3/4 inch thick.  Reclaimed rimu as usual, this piece was the side panel of a kitchen drawer unit.  There were some marks and holes where the drawer runners had been but I was able to cut some conical rimu pegs and insert them into the holes before cutting them flush.  Finish is several coats of hand rubbed linseed oil, mineral spirits and varnish mixed in equal thirds.  The customer will mount their own hooks along the bottom.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

TuiCoatRack.thumb.jpg.9c3d516264cd19620dbc387c30c01870.jpg

Very nice quality looking piece you've done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!