Headband Magnifiers

Rockytime

I've been looking for the perfect magnifiers since 1963. I was a model builder, a clock repairman and other things. I have four Optivisors, three or four similar magnifiers as well as an assortment of clip on magnifiers and other devises. I just purchased on Amazon the finest magnifiers ever for under twenty bucks. My distance vision is fine. I wear 1.25X for reading and uses 3X for close ups. This unit allows me to wear my reading glasses as well as the magnifier. It is very nicely made. The LED lights require two triple A batteries. I won't be using them as it will add too much weight. I am finding them ideal.

1-20180303_150003.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

I've been looking for the perfect magnifiers since 1963. I was a model builder, a clock repairman and other things. I have four Optivisors, three or four similar magnifiers as well as an assortment of clip on magnifiers and other devises. I just purchased on Amazon the finest magnifiers ever for under twenty bucks. My distance vision is fine. I wear 1.25X for reading and uses 3X for close ups. This unit allows me to wear my reading glasses as well as the magnifier. It is very nicely made. The LED lights require two triple A batteries. I won't be using them as it will add too much weight. I am finding them ideal.

1-20180303_150003.jpg

Is there a brand name or something that we can plug in when we got to Amazon? I'd like one of those too.

Ray

3 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

I think all the white ones are the same. I believe the range in prices is due to the fact that the same product is sold by different distributors through Amazon. I paid $14.95. If I had seen them for $12.95 I would have purchased them. The name on the box is MagniPros.

Thanks Les. I'm going to order a pair. I had both my eyes done for cataracts. I used to have excellent up close sight but now, I'm far sighted and have to wear readers. I was so used to wearing glasses that I missed them. I had my old frames fitted with Varilux lens that are clear on top and they blend down to the bottom for up close stuff. I tried off the shelf full sized reading glasses but they were not comfortable. I'll give these things a try.

Ray

I used a fluorescent magnifying light for years, always bumping my head when it was rasied and seemed like I was always fighting it to get it n "the sweet spot" for cutting.

Got a pair of these visor magnifyers and what a difference, just flip up after cutting and flip down to cut,band they move with me,

I don't see myself ever going back to the fluorescent magnifying light

Chris

20 hours ago, jerry1939 said:

You need to scroll down to find this one.  I either use that or something very similar.  Had it for years & like it.  Looks like it would be lighter & more comfortable than the Magnipro.

http://www.sloanswoodshop.com/misc_.htm

Hi Jerry, I looked at Sloans and found your Optivisor. I have four of them around my two shops and vasrious other devised. Never liked the Optivisor as it never stayes in place. It would be OK if I were bald. It keeps sliding up on the back of my head. Ihave magnifiers thatwould clip onto eye glasses but no longer do with new style frames. I've always been on the lookout for something better. I do appreciate your sending me to Sloans. Wow, whata lot of wonderful stuff. Thanks.

Les

22 hours ago, Rockytime said:

1-20180303_150003.jpg

Well their impressive looking.I've tryed several on line ones ,all from china and really terrible .They fall apart ,no sweet spot to look thru,won't stay put and the light on them is terrible.I've had florescent lamps  with big magnifing lens in the center but i'd get eye strain trying to stay in the sweet spot.Ther led laMP i have now is the best ever but my nose is always hitting it.But i enjoy using it now!model#fp207.05/circline5 led magnifier lamp forpow circline 5 LED Magnifier Lamp 80 Daylight LEDs ...

Edited by amazingkevin
add link to lamp

2 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Hi Jerry, I looked at Sloans and found your Optivisor. I have four of them around my two shops and vasrious other devised. Never liked the Optivisor as it never stayes in place. It would be OK if I were bald. It keeps sliding up on the back of my head. Ihave magnifiers thatwould clip onto eye glasses but no longer do with new style frames. I've always been on the lookout for something better. I do appreciate your sending me to Sloans. Wow, whata lot of wonderful stuff. Thanks.

Les

Re;  The visor band wandering around your head.  I always wear a welders cap backwards.  The visor behaves like a good little boy without any problems.  Here is an example, but mine is a plain Carhart color.  https://www.theisens.com/search/?keyword=welders cap&productavailability=Catalog Only,In Store and Online&mpp=24

21 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Les

I buy all my BB from them.  Great service & fast.  Unless it's for a backer, I order "Good Both Sides".  For the amount of time spent on a cutting, I prefer 2 sides to chose from.  Very little extra cost for each piece you are making.