Say Hello To My Mistress

bowers25

Got her torn down and lubed up last weekend.....Got her bolted down and desk figured out yesterday......so today after yard work, I had some time to make my Beautiful Bride and Princess Daughter some wall hangers.

My wife said I used to look at her, the same way I'm looking at my new baby.....lol

20180304_143630.jpg

20180304_174915.jpg

5 minutes ago, bowers25 said:

Got her torn down and lubed up last weekend.....Got her bolted down and desk figured out yesterday......so today after yard work, I had some time to make my Beautiful Bride and Princess Daughter some wall hangers.

My wife said I used to look at her, the same way I'm looking at my new baby.....lol

20180304_143630.jpg

20180304_174915.jpg

Whoa! Looks better than if done with a CNC ! I know that look as i've had 10 dewalts,sill have 9 and smiling everytime i turn it on .You've done a lot of work to knock these out 3D !

43 minutes ago, bowers25 said:

20180304_143630.jpg

20180304_174915.jpg

Wow! Everything looks great. You have your saw on a much steeper angle than I have mine. But, I like your whole set up.

11 hours ago, MrsN said:

Very cool! I am a bit jealous of the green grass in your yard.

I really like the arrows, who's patterns are they?

The metal arrows my wife picked up at one of the hobby shops a fews weeks ago and asked if I'd hang them. I did like any of the options I had to hang them, didn't want to be able to see any of the hanger material, so I scroll out the wood. I traced the wood out with a 1/4" washer as a spacer. Got the idea with the washer from a youtube video by Charles Dearing.

PS....the grass is not were I'd like to be right now, when its up and going it's has to be cut a least every five days........although I may need to rethink it this year. All four of the kids will be in college and that leaves only me to do all the yard work, lol.

26 minutes ago, ike said:

Nice set up . the saw angle is a little higher than mine. The arrows are realy nice where did yu get the pattern? and the green grass looks good hoping mine will dryup and dturn green.

IKE

The metal arrows my wife picked up at one of the hobby shops a fews weeks ago and asked if I'd hang them. I did like any of the options I had to hang them, didn't want to be able to see any of the hanger material, so I scroll out the wood. I traced the wood out with a 1/4" washer as a spacer. Got the idea with the washer from a youtube video by Charles Dearing.

2 hours ago, WayneMahler said:

Looking good. I like the setup you did. Like your choice of beverage too, had a few of those last night. 

Yuengling Lager is by far is the best beer I have ever had and that says a lot coming from a die hard "Shiner Bock" drinker. Tried it approx 7 years ago up in New York at Cooperstown when one of my son's was invited to play in a select baseball tournament near the Baseball HOF. We cant get Yuengling here in Texas (although they have starting selling it in Louisiana), so I have some friends from my side / second job that travel all over the US and they usually bring me a case or two.

4 hours ago, bowers25 said:

Yuengling Lager is by far is the best beer I have ever had and that says a lot coming from a die hard "Shiner Bock" drinker. Tried it approx 7 years ago up in New York at Cooperstown when one of my son's was invited to play in a select baseball tournament near the Baseball HOF. We cant get Yuengling here in Texas (although they have starting selling it in Louisiana), so I have some friends from my side / second job that travel all over the US and they usually bring me a case or two.

My son lives in Corpus Christi so when we go down to visit I drink DOS XX. Still seems really strange going to grocery store and buying beer and stuff down there. Hoping to visit again in 2 years.

3 hours ago, lew said:

Is there any advantage to working on a angle like the setup you have?

I think it's a little more ergonomically friendly.  Stay hunched over a scroll saw for extended periods of time and you look for small improvements that relieve some of the tension in your back, neck, shoulders and wrists.  It makes a difference for some.  I know I like mine better tilted.