My week ends

new2woodwrk

So, I've been in and out of the shop all week with various tasks.

First I made a humongous down draft table (pallet wood so no cost).  Then I realized I had no place to put it.  So I cut it in half LOL.

downdraft-sanding-table.thumb.jpg.712827cd7b77ebc1a666c7d38afc0337.jpg

I already had the handle, the pvc for the dust connector and the peg board I removed when I put up my French cleat system.

Then I made a drip box, attached it to one of my workbenches, and finally got to add legs from the Rockler brackets I ordered

finishing-table.thumb.jpg.67bdf841c30098473761fa9d882d10b5.jpg

Also, learned a valuable lesson about cutting letters  - Which you can read in my blog if you're interested.

I finished a bunch of cuts, the wife painted a bunch and I started spray lacquer on them

lacquer.thumb.jpg.2fd4e49203c41ad6b28cc7644e69047a.jpg

5aa5bd114abbf_paintedlacquer.thumb.JPG.f201cfdc25f17052a7f44f4b2028c165.JPG

Also cut up a bunch of patterns, and set up for the weeks cutting (this is 1 of 8 panels prepared)

layout-2.thumb.jpg.8978d91bb815ed227af5cd770520c18b.jpg

Lots to do next week... hopefully

Oh, and we finished our taxes as well LOL!

38 minutes ago, savethebeer said:

I like both the drip table and the downdraft table. I wish I had the floor space to use, but everything I use has to be moveable.

Are you using the drip table just to dry things or are you doing the painting as well

Bob

Hi Bob,

My shop is similar - everything needs to be on wheels, attached to something else or hung on the wall! I have a few tool carts I made that are multi-purposed - drill/bench sander, bandsaw/grinder etc. 3 of my workbenches are also on wheels

I have a separate bench for painting, but I do use it for can spraying, spray lacquering, brush finishes etc. as well.

Edited by new2woodwrk

23 hours ago, savethebeer said:

I like both the drip table and the downdraft table. I wish I had the floor space to use, but everything I use has to be moveable.

Are you using the drip table just to dry things or are you doing the painting as well

Bob

bob, do you happen to have a workbench you could build a downdraft table into? no pics of mine, but thats what i did. when necessary, i can lay a piece of ply over the top for a work surface. plus, parts dont fall through the holes that way. :)