Using Jewelers Blades in King/Excelsior/Excalibur 16" Saws

hotshot

When I got my King, and got all setup at the shop, clamped down, blades layer out, 6+ reading glasses balanced on my nose . . . . when I went to tension the blade, I knew by feel, the tension was way too high, and pop, blade broke before tension was near full.  The normal way of loading and tensioning the blades was never going to work.

The shorter arm on the 16" makes a lot of difference in leverage.  So, my Jeweler friends have woken up to the fact that a scroll saw can possibly replace their Jewelers saws, and a lot of them are looking for a saw, and I've been recommending the 16" which fits their project types perfectly (and is cheaper).  So of course, we don't want folks messing with that back knob, but the answer was pretty simple, but hard to explain so I did a video.  I which I had a "Presenters" type voice, but unfortunately, all I have in mine.  Anyway, here is the short video demonstration geared to my Jeweler friends:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpvnN9bXw58