granpa's parrot

amazingkevin

grampa's parrot was done on cabinet backing board using "mike@mikesworkshop" blades,spirals with flat ends # 3 and # 5 .this is the first time i ever used the flat end spirals.I'm ruined for life .These blades made the over sized irregular sized piece a piece of cake to cut.there was no room to turn the project either as things are in the way .I would say that these spirals are the virtual reality of saw cutting. They cooperated at a whim of suggested direction. never have i had control of a scroll saw blade like this.i keep the blade over tight as greasemonkeyredneck does and everything worked as he said.spirals are his crem de la crem of blades he uses too.The parrot that grampa designed is breath takeing to look at .And when you hold it it,s is as lofty and feather weight just like a bird.It was a pleasure to cut .thankyou again GRAMPA.The parrot is 31" x 28" covered with thin gloss formica ,black.Only one piece blew out towards the end of the cutting .probably 5 hours of cutting .an hour of enlargeing the pattern ,pasteing it together applying it to the wood etc.post-2756-134955544146_thumb.jpgpost-2756-134955544183_thumb.jpgpost-2756-134955544219_thumb.jpgpost-2756-134955544254_thumb.jpgThe brown streak across the black towards the bottom of the parrot is particle board that this piece was glued to. I'll sand it or try lacqure thinner to remove it.mineral spirits and acetone did'nt phase it to try and soften it up.

GRAMPA ,Gosh you made me blush :luv: That comment you gave me sent me straight to heaven.To tell you the truth i could'nt have done it with out you.Your the best.You have my condolances to keep on keepin on with all you do for our club.You set the standards for our work. I'm pretty sure that when the tatoo artist see what we made him ,his request,a parrot just like the pelicans i did, his hat will spin.I'm so glad you did it in detail.First impressions last and this is a goode.Gomer pyle would say thank you thank you thank you ,me too.I'm thinking that parrots would be a good seller here as there's lots of parrot shops.They are very beautyful birds but noisey so now you too can own a parrot ,a silent giant.It should fit in nicely at the shops .If you see more i'll do them ,full sized monsters. i'm going to have food on the table soon thanks to you.You've been a blessing to us.sincerly the amazingkevin :)