Skil 3335-02

WigWag Workshop

Plenty of hits come up when you search for this saw, but none really have a review of the saw

http://www.scroll-saws.us/Skil_Skil_3335_02_120_Volt_Scroll_Saw_Reviews_Comparison-B003LSSS1Q-item.html

Same styling of the saw I first learnt on and it served me well and was a good introduction to scrolling and showed me that I was interested in the hobby and wanted to go further with it.

hi STEVEN ,Can't help about your choice of saws ,but you got to start somewhere and they all will get the job done.Hopefully that saw will take plain ended blades not pinned.Pinned are much more expensive, but not as disireable for detail work.Pinned ended blades need a large hole for the blade to slide into your wood.doing keychains like on steve goods site they will not go into the a's ,b's,d's,o's p's,q's ,w's letters.lots of fret work you'll have the same problem .So for a learner saw i would get one that can use both type of blades.Reaching back to adjust the saw tention is exausting especially changeing holes every 20 seconds doing keychains.You can allways keep it as a back up saw when your permanet saw needs repair.That's a sad day for all of us to be with out a saw. :)

Here is my dilemma, Lowes has the PORTER-CABLE 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw with Stand for $189 which has good reviews. However, I have 2 $50 gifts card for Amazon, and they don't sell that one. So I was looking on Amazon, for one that is similar, for around the same price. It's looking like I will have to buy the one from Lowes, and use the gift card for something else, or wait another 2 months and save money, use the gift card + money saved and buy the Dewalt.

Thanks all for listening, and the input

Steven

/I am really excited to get started in the hobby

Hi Steven , go to grizzley .com and look at the dewalt there. .You'll save allmost two hundred for the stand,light and saw and i think ,maybe the shipping is free. :)

Thank You for the recommendation, I checked out the site, and it's a great deal. Have you, or anyone here ever order from Grizzly.com?

Steven

• 2 weeks later...