Sand-O-Flex

Travis

So I just bought the Sand-O-Flex from Woodcraft because Judy Peterson's book recommended it for sanding contours of free standing puzzles. Has anybody else had any experience with it? I've tried sanding a couple puzzles today and it broke off several of the keys. I figured the way it was set up that it would get into the tight areas a bit better. But I don't see much difference between this and a sanding mop. Hrmmm. Works nice on larger projects though. :?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think I might have the Sand-O-Flex figured out. There are scores along the sandpaper so you would have tiny strips of sandpaper. I assumed when I used it, it would rip along the score lines. I doesn't. I went through with a utility knife and completing the score lines, so now I have those little strips of sandpaper. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, though. Hopefully this weekend I'll give it a go and let you know if it works better. I have a feeling it will.