Do you all have a trophy room/wall?

new2woodwrk

Only "trophy wall" I have is the one here in the village, under my user name - you know - where all those trophies have recently started piling up. ;):lol:

I have a couple of my Intarsia pieces hanging on walls because my hubby hung them up.  They are in the same room/area but not on the same wall.  Now I also confess, there is not much hanging on my walls.  When we built this house and moved in, I just never got the stuff hung - was trying to "live in the space" before trying to hang the artwork.  Now, I keep saying we've been here so long we need to paint before we hang anything.  I won't tell how long ago that has been. :lol:

I  got a trophy once. When I was about 10 Annie Bjorenson, owner of the little drug store in my home town, gave all the children all the crepe paper streamers they wanted to decorate their bikes for the 4th of July parade. My home town was only about 400 people. I won $5.That was a trophy for me.

13 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

You know, a place where you place/hang your finished works?

I'm about to finish a bunch of cuts I've made over the past several weeks and wondering what everyone does with their finished pieces... aside from selling them of course.

Thanks in advance

I hang them up throughout the house....until my wife finds them and takes them down!! "They are very nice, but don't go with our decor!"....so they end up in my office/computer room!

To be honest....there are 2 small pieces in kitchen which have escaped the decor police!...or maybe she hasn't seen them yet!!

Have no interest in selling anything.  Give to Family, Friends, a lot to our Stephan Ministry at Church (Trained volunteers  that call on people that come to our Church seeking comfort for loss of a loved one, domestic issues, financial problems, etc., etc.  The Ministers give them whatever scroll piece 'applies' to help them get their minds off of their problems for a little while).  Retirement Centers.  Only have 5 of our own at home to show visitors.

jerry