Autosave feature?

new2woodwrk

I'm not aware of one. What I do for a long post which is rare, I will type it up in a word processor making sure it says all I want. Save it on my computer then when I log onto a site I open that document up and do the cut copy and paste to where I needed it to go. Sounds like extra effort but it is better then losing all the time put into it if something happens. Just a thought.

Hmmm, might be a setting for your computer? I know I've had done a dumb thing a few times where I've had multi pal tabs open and went to shut one by hitting the wrong X and close my browser.. I come back here to re-type my message and it's already there as it saved it... I thought it was the a setting within the village web site because I don't think that happens anywhere else.. But anyway to answer your question.. Somehow I have auto save.. but I don't know if it's a setting on my PC or if it's the village web site..  

Thanks all figured it out -

I use Firefox (an old version)  with a bunch of add ons

If you move off a post your are responding to, and use the back arrow in the browser your response is gone.

However, in my browser if I click the post again to respond, my response is still there.

This may not work with all browsers

Oh, and btw - yeah I know about writing first and copying - it's really not that big a deal to me. It was at the time a real pita though cause it was a really good response LOL

I seldom will write a post in notepad or other and paste it. Instead what I will do is once my post gets long I will copy the text and put it in the cache. Then if I lose it I Ctrl V back into the reply box and good to go

This time, I went to get a link and misclicked and instead of "open in new tab" it opened in my reply tab *sigh* S.... H......

Edited by new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, ike said:

I figgure out how to make my post as short as posible. I do not have enough time to read long post. I am 78 and life is too short for long posts.

UKE

Me too. Nothing personal against folk who write long posts but skip them if the first two sentences don't get to the point.