My first post

Ken O

Well here is my first post. Not my first project though. :lol: This is what happens when you have 2 hobbies that feed off each other. This is my 55 inch replica of the original 1959 Miss Spokane Hydroplane. It's interesting cutting pieces up to 55 inches long on a 16 inch scroll saw! I was pretty proud of this one and took a lot of pictures. So if this works, click slideshow and sit back and :popcorn:

Ken

http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n347 ... underboat/

Hi Ken, and welcome. Congratulation on an excellent project. Were they all photos of the same boat? Was there any room on the camera for more photos? :rofl: My husband is always telling me that I take too many photos, I can wait to show him yours. :lol: Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see some more of your projects.

Marg

Thanks for the replies. Marg, my wife always says "all you take pictures of is boats!" :woot: No not really... well maybe.. :oops: Most of them were the same boat, there was a couple random ones of the other 2.

David, yes the Lab is always out there. Usually have to stop the scroll saw and go play frisbee. Hard to concentrate when that cold nose nudges your elbow! Usually add a half hour or 45 min to anything I do out there. One of the first pictures there was after she got ahold of the driver and tried to take off his head. :curse: Cutting out the pieces was the easy part of the whole project, gluing the top down was a pain! There's nothing flat to clamp to, it was all curved. Won't be doing another one of those for quite some time.

EXCELLANT JOB KEN,AND ONE THAT SPARKS ALOT OF MY INTEREST,HYDO'S.YOU EVEN CHOISE MY FAVORITE ONES TOO ,"MUSHROOM HYDRO'S".A FELLOW DOWN HERE MAKES HIS OWN FULL SIZE ONE'S CALLED "CHARLTON" BACK IN THE 60'S,ALCOHOL BURNER'S.BOY YOU GOT ME BEAT AT 55" IN A 16" SCROLL SAW.YOU LOVE SCROLLING AS MUCH AS I DO TO ENDURE THE PAINS OF STRECHING AND TWISTING,ETC TO GET THE JOB DONE,LOL.HOW MUCH DOE'S SHE WEIGH.YOU DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB CONSTRUCTING IT.WAS IT A PATTERN OR OF YOUR OWN DESIGN?NICE ROOSTER TAILS IN THE WATER ,I LOVE TO SEE THOSE!GREAT PICTURES TOO! :) LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS MOVEIN RIGHT ALONG,A THREE POINTER ON THE WATER!I WENT THROUGH A 1/2 BAG OF POPCORN WATCHIN THE PICTURES ,NEXT TIME INCLUDE SOME SOUND.I LOVE THE DRONE!

Thanks all. Kevin, you want sound, here you go. With a little whoops at the end. :roll: Not sure on the weight, at least 15 lbs, probably closer to 17. I got it as a set of plans from a friend. Had to go to Kinkos to make it bigger to fit the class it's raced in. This one doesn't drive like my others, it hops and skips in the turns, pretty fun.