Results of craft show.

edward

Good to hear some good news about an early craft show this year. Would like to hear more about square reader. I asked this question in another thread so have some info. I plan on getting this because it seems the way of today. I do not have a smart phone so need another device to get and was wondering how you or anyone else handles this square reading thing. I do not mean to hijack this thread. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, edward said:

J T I have a smart phone for a dumb person  LOL,  people that I see at shows have smart phones, not sure if you can use other devices, there are videos on  square and I believe that is the way to go,  as not too many people have cash on them , and the only charge a small amount.  edward

Do these people have to sign on your phone or does the chip eliminate that and can you take cards with chips too?? This summer I am going to look into this deeper. 

1 hour ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Do these people have to sign on your phone or does the chip eliminate that and can you take cards with chips too?? This summer I am going to look into this deeper. 

Right now, folks have to sign over $25, but I hear soon, they won't have to sign if scanning the chip. 

Even though I have an iPhone, I use my iPad for taking cards with Square. I have a dedicated hot spot that connects via Blurtooth to my iPad. I prefer the iPad because it had a bigger screen and looks a bit more professional than my little iPhone.

Edward, congratulations on a good show. We all know spring shows don't do to well.

7 hours ago, dgman said:

Right now, folks have to sign over $25, but I hear soon, they won't have to sign if scanning the chip. 

I've been counting down the days since I read about it a few months ago.  Here's info about it for those that aren't already aware.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/signatures-soon-may-not-be-required.php

P.S. - Hopefully Square doesn't choose to continue to require signatures when using their chip reading device.  If you use the magnetic strip swipe device, signatures will still be required, just so you know.

Edited by Iguanadon

On 4/8/2018 at 8:29 AM, edward said:

Had My show yesterday, and did better then I thought I would, as far as the weather and sales. Did $300 and $120 of it was on the credit card, I'am sorry I didn't have the square reader years ago, most of the people don't carry cash. Sold mostly Eagles items which is very popular in my area. Looks like I will be busy making more, as they will be popular for Christmas gifts.   edward

Any worries about trademarks on the Eagles stuff or are you designing everything yourself?

Ray

On 4/8/2018 at 9:42 AM, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Good to hear some good news about an early craft show this year. Would like to hear more about square reader. I asked this question in another thread so have some info. I plan on getting this because it seems the way of today. I do not have a smart phone so need another device to get and was wondering how you or anyone else handles this square reading thing. I do not mean to hijack this thread. Sorry. 

Would you be able to use a square on a Kindle Fire or an iPad? I''m curious too.

Ray

40 minutes ago, dgman said:

Yes I did Ray. I don’t drink coffee, but a beer would good! If you feel like taking a drive north sometime, I’ll buy lunch!

has to be on a weekend though, I still work!

Oh you poor thing. I'm so sorry to hear that. I thought most everybody here was old and retired like me. I turn 75 on Thursday. 3/4 of the way home.

Ray

And, I'd love a cold beer. Or whatever else is being poured.