Indian portrait

lew

44 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

I don't think you have to worry about too many American Indian portraits. I really like them. What is the wood you use and what is the finish?. It makes the portrait so believable.

Glad that you like them!!!

The wood is your basic 1/4 inch Baltic Birch from Woodcrafts in Wilmington DE.

This piece was stained with MInwax Gunstock stain and finished with Tung Oil. 

A lot of times I will stain and paint the surface, then do a bit of sanding to mix the two. Sometimes I finish with a brush on shellac or spray on glossy sealant. Always trying different finishes and sealants....never quite satisfied!!

Heavy black poster board for the mount.

I like that pattern, nice job cutting that. Seems that you should be aware of a great pattern that is here posted by Neptune, its a warrior in a feather. This link is what I did with his pattern. To find the pattern go check out Neptune' s profile and see his posts...

IMG_20180114_114003.jpg

On 4/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, lew said:

Yeah.....I know.....another American Indian cutting......But I really like his face.....very proud.

20180414_194127.jpg

7 hours ago, WayneG said:

I like that pattern, nice job cutting that. Seems that you should be aware of a great pattern that is here posted by Neptune, its a warrior in a feather. This link is what I did with his pattern. To find the pattern go check out Neptune' s profile and see his posts...

IMG_20180114_114003.jpg

Thanks!! That is a great pattern! It may be next on the list!!