Hawk Dust Blower

Rockytime

My Hawk is equipped with just a simple small plastic tube for dust removal. I do have a Link-Loc kit to replace the little tube. My question is this: Do any of the Hawk owners put up with the little tube. Other the Link-Loc what do you use? I cut about six inches off the tube. I have no idea how the previous owner used the saw with that long tube. I suspect the saw has had little use as the table is absolutely scratch free.

1-20180418_151530.jpg

They may have changed out the tube on purpose.. I was about to do the same thing with a extra long tube... the way Hawk had it designed the sawdust blow right in your lap and face and all over toward you... 

Anyway, that is how I came across the line-loc upgrade kit that Bushton offers.. Didn't take me long at all to get that changed.. that was the very first thing I did when I got that first Hawk.. Now i aim the dust toward the side... which is where I also ( normally ) keep a box fan with a furnace filter on the back.. Hope to just build a vac system to catch all that dust one of these days.. 

I've got the link lock line on my 26. It came new with it. I updated my 220VS to the link lock. All it had was the clear line like you're showin', Rocky. 

The link lock allowed me to position the air line to blow the dust away from me, instead of around me or in my lap or clothes. Bushton has the updates for the saw, & it takes but just a few minutes to install.

Brad, I have the link-loc from Bushton. To mount it requires drilling holes in the stationary arm. The bracket supplied will not work so I'll have to fabricate another one. Also the link-loc is way too long. I'll have to remove four or five links. I"ll have to remove the arm which is easy in order to drill and tap the arm. They did not make it simple.

1 minute ago, Rockytime said:

Brad, I have the link-loc from Bushton. To mount it requires drilling holes in the stationary arm. The bracket supplied will not work so I'll have to fabricate another one. Also the link-loc is way too long. I'll have to remove four or five links. I"ll have to remove the arm which is easy in order to drill and tap the arm. They did not make it simple.

That's strange.. I didn't need to drill anything.. mine came with a new plastic hose which was larger.. so i lied.. I had to drill the hole where the hose comes through the base of the saw.. but in the kit they ave me a new rubber grommet to put in the bigger hole.. but had to drill nothing else.. everything mounted with the existing mount holes etc.. 

11 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

I've got the link lock line on my 26. It came new with it. I updated my 220VS to the link lock. All it had was the clear line like you're showin', Rocky. 

The link lock allowed me to position the air line to blow the dust away from me, instead of around me or in my lap or clothes. Bushton has the updates for the saw, & it takes but just a few minutes to install.

My new 26 also came with the lock line and works Great

This is the first time that I have seen a Hawk without the Linc lock.  What is the age of your saw? The blowing of the sawdust int your snoot was always a beef of mine with the older Hegners.  I believe they have also changed to the linc-loc blowers. 

The Loc-line kit for $20 from Hawk is a fair price. 

http://stores.bushtonhawkstore.com/loc-line-upgrade-kit/

2 hours ago, Rolf said:

This is the first time that I have seen a Hawk without the Linc lock.  What is the age of your saw? The blowing of the sawdust int your snoot was always a beef of mine with the older Hegners.  I believe they have also changed to the linc-loc blowers. 

The Loc-line kit for $20 from Hawk is a fair price. 

http://stores.bushtonhawkstore.com/loc-line-upgrade-kit/

I don't know hen they changed these over to the linc lock lines.. I have a saw from 1993 that had just the hose so I did that upgrade from Bushton.. My saw from 1998 has the linc line.. 

Well, it's done. My dust blower is installed. Not difficult but not simple either. Holes needed to be drilled for mounting the bracket which holds the Lock-Line. Two holes needed in the arm for the plastic clamps which hold the blower line. I drilled a 1/2" hole where the original line was but because the metal was double thickness and mad the rubber grommet unable to fit. I drilled the hole for the grommet into the upper part of the back leg which worked very well. Ir blows very well. I need to add a couple more segments to the Lock-Line. I estimated wrong when I removed segments. BTW hot water works.

1-20180419_125955.jpg

2-20180419_132826.jpg

3-20180419_143417.jpg

7-20180419_144645.jpg

5-20180419_144606-1.jpg

6-20180419_144553.jpg

4-20180419_154235.jpg