Looks Like A Hawk To Me

kmmcrafts

9 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Found this on eBay today.. Says Scroll Master.. looks to be a re-badged Hawk to me..  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ScrollMaster-14-precision-scroll-saw/152988825281?hash=item239ed836c1:g:aBoAAOSw~u5a19h1 

That's interesting. It has two i.d. labels on it. One says Ohio and the other Burbank, Ca. It appears to be a very old Hawk that might have been repainted. I bought a Hawk 26" in 1985 at a Denver Woodworking show and it was very similar in appearance. It was two speed, belt change. Who knows what this one has been through. I wonder if it's been repainted.

Ray

44 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

That's interesting. It has two i.d. labels on it. One says Ohio and the other Burbank, Ca. It appears to be a very old Hawk that might have been repainted. I bought a Hawk 26" in 1985 at a Denver Woodworking show and it was very similar in appearance. It was two speed, belt change. Who knows what this one has been through. I wonder if it's been repainted.

Ray

If i remember correctly, I think Hawk made saws for other companies to re-brand.. I know I've seen a dark blue re-brand Hawk before.. Wish i could remember what the brand was.. may have been the same company.. but anyway.. pretty sure there are a few Hawks out there with different colors and name plates..

24 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

If i remember correctly, I think Hawk made saws for other companies to re-brand.. I know I've seen a dark blue re-brand Hawk before.. Wish i could remember what the brand was.. may have been the same company.. but anyway.. pretty sure there are a few Hawks out there with different colors and name plates..

I had no idea they ever did that.

Ray

I bought a 20 inch model scrollmaster as a back up saw a few years ago. If you look closely at the tag it says Made in Taiwan. It appears that they had no blower system as mine came with a aquarium pump. Drawbacks are all tensioning is done by knob in the back, tooled blade change, and single speed. Parts look like they will exchange with a single speed Hawk, but I never tried. I paid $60 for mine in like new condition.