MediBowl

DWSUDEKUM

Had a need for a bowl to put medications into when at the table so that they were contained and not in danger of getting wet from spilled liquids so I designed this bowl.  It is designed to be tip resistant and stackable.  This bowl is a combination of skill sets.  One set is making a Carole Rothman type bowl and if you wanted to add initials to it fretwork.  The lumber I used was 3/8 inch douglas fir.  I set the table to 43.7 ° left side down.  I used a #3 UR Flying Dutchman blade.  Sealed and finished with Shellac.  The pattern for this is in the New Patterns 

medibowl_004.jpg

medibowl_006.jpg

medibowl_007.jpg

DW

3 hours ago, rjR said:

It is a very neat bowl.  Must have been tricky on the scroll saw.

No not really.  It was actually quite easy.  One outside cut and 2 inside cuts plus some gluing and sanding.  It took about 15 min. to setup and cut out and perhaps another hour or so after the glue dried to sand.

DW

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

I thought is was a lathe piece when I first saw it. Looks good and is a useful piece. It can't get much better than this

Dick

heppnerguy

Naw Dick I refuse to go over to the Dark Side.  Pretty much anything that can be done on a lathe you can do using other tools :)  Carole Rothman type bowls are very easy to make ( takes some practice though ) and has the ability to essentially do anything the designers skill and imagination can come up with.

DW