One more for a newly retired relative

heppnerguy

This one is for a niece of ours that just retired and has her birthday 3 days before mine. I wanted to make her a plaque for her retirement and this was the only retirement plaque I could find, in my quick searches. It is rather masculine but I still think she will enjoy it anyway. It is the thought that counts, so they say. This is a Sue Mey pattern from  www.scrollsawartist.com   for those  new people that may not know about this great pattern maker

Dick

heppnerguy

retirement plaque.PNG

9 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Yes I agree, it needs flowers, birds, and friendly animals to feminize it up some

no room for anything more and no time to make a pattern. Need to get it in the mail so it is what it is.. I  guess she can give it to someone else if she does not like it though

Dick

heppnerguy

Nice work Dick.  I am sure she will love it.  however, one thing I would suggest if you want to take the moment to do it - is send a picture of it to Sue Mey and tell her that while doing it, you thought she needed one that was more "feminine" in nature then this one.  I have seen where she seems to be very receptive to suggestions such as these where she might be "missing" something.  Even though it won't help you this time around - it will help someone else - and maybe you next time.  Plus,  I think she is just like us - she enjoys seeing what people are doing with her patterns so she will be happy to see your work.  Just a thought . . . .