Hi!

rr89ca

Hi all, Im a total newb to scroll saws - I dabble in everything from vinyl crafting, to painting, and now Im hoping to expand into wood working.  I bought a mastercraft 16'' scroll saw - my problem is that no matter how thick or thin my piece of wood is, my blade jams... I will have to do research about what speed settings to use, and how to properly use my saw before I end up breaking it.

I look forward to learning all that I can here :)   

Hi Renay, welcome to the village! It sounds like you do not have enough tension on the blade. You want to hear a high “Plink” when you pluck the blade. If it just “Clunks” when you pluck it, it’s to low. I assume there is a knob at the back of the top arm. Turn it clockwise till your blade plinks.  Good luck!

Welcome to the Village Renay.  Pull up a chair and make your self at home, you will soon be scrolling like the rest of us.  By the way did anyone tell you scrolling is addictive and there is no known cure.  😉

Marg

Hello and welcome. Once you get this figured out, you will be so glad you started scrolling. Make sure your saw blade is not touching the wood when you turn on your saw. That might make it bind up, also. I am not familiar with your saw so if  you post of photo of it , perhaps we can help you a little better to solve your problem. What kind and thickness is your wood and do you know the size of your blade? Don't give up, this will not be a problem very long, once we know these facts above. Good Luck

Dick

heppnerguy