DeWalt vs Delta

orangeman

Maybe alignment issues? I don't know Hegner saws so I can't say.. but of other saws I always had to adjust the blade tension set screws so the blade goes up & down straight and square.. if If you have a small square.. actually I've used anything flat and a straight edge.. even a credit card once just for a quick check..   but set it next the the blade and run a cycle up and down.. I rotate the motor on the hawk without turning it on.. but you can also set the speed as low as it goes.. watch for a gap in between the straight edge and the blade through the cycle... at a fast speed.. it looks like a wobble..

On the Hegner there is no way to "set" the blade to center on the lower clamp but on the upper clamp, there is a locking knob that centers the blade clamp. Make sure the blades are in the clamps correctly. They should be against one shoulder of the clamp and the lock screw run up to them to clamp the blade in place. I have a Hegner and a Dewalt and I get no "wobble" out of either of them unless I have forgotten to tension the blade. Which happens more often that I like.

2 hours ago, octoolguy said:

On the Hegner there is no way to "set" the blade to center on the lower clamp but on the upper clamp, there is a locking knob that centers the blade clamp. Make sure the blades are in the clamps correctly. They should be against one shoulder of the clamp and the lock screw run up to them to clamp the blade in place. I have a Hegner and a Dewalt and I get no "wobble" out of either of them unless I have forgotten to tension the blade. Which happens more often that I like.

So I’m not the only one that forgets to tension the blade huh lol