Pegas Scrollsaw Blade Chuck Heads

orangeman

Pegas Blade Chuck Heads fit these scrollsaws:

• Pègas Models SCP16, SCP21 & SCP30
  • Excalibur Models EX16, EX21 & EX30
  • Axminster Trade Series EX-16, EX-21 & EX-30
  • Carbatec Models CTEX-16CEC, SS-400C, CTEX-21CEC, SS-530C, CTEX-30CEC & SS-760C
  • Excelsior 16", 21" & 30"
  • Seyco ST-21
  • Jet JWSS-22

Steve Good also installed these Chuck Heads on a DeWalt 788 but said Pegas does not support that application.

Now I'm wondering if there is any way to install on Hawk or Hegner saws? It sure would make blade changing easier!

bb

I do not see why the Dewalt saw would be left off because those saws you listed all use the same head design. They are all basic clones of each other. As far as the Hawk I see no reason to want to use them because the Hawk is probably the easiest clamping system available and most reliable for constant blade use. It goes into clamp only one way and no adjusting needed when set up properly and ease of change. Buy several clamps and can preload for even faster change over. Just my opinion.

I can see no way you could adapt those clamps to a Hegner.  Having and loving my Hegner, I see no reason to want to.  If I strip the threads or something on my clamps I just buy a new clamp which is a lot cheaper than the any of the clamps on the saws listed.  I have extra and can pre-load blades.  And the clamps are steel with a steel screw.  Little chance I will strip the threads, which is much easier to do with a steel bolt going into aluminum.  I'm happy. 

May get a set of those clamps for my Seyco though.... someday.

41 minutes ago, orangeman said:

$64 is reasonable. I've seen them for $90 elsewhere.

bb

I think that price is only for the specific clamps, pre-ordered.  I looked at the same site for the clamps for all the other saws listed and they are $90.  Not sure why other than a discount for pre-ordering.

• 2 years later...