single speed delta scroll saw

countrycrafts

good morning Mal! I personally can not live with allen wrench blade tightening tools.I've modified my old craftsman c-arm to accept a delta "quick change" blade tightening set up.Very little modification was needed to get it to fit and basically all i had to do was.Remove the old blade holder (top) drill out the hole on the quick set larger,belt sand the sides of the quick set and put all together again.Makes life enjoyable now as i'm constantly threading the blade into and out of pilot holes on fret work.If there's a problem with the blades being to long now ,as every machine is differant snip of what is to long before hand on all the blades you plan on using.there's allways a way of makeing a better mouse trap.This works out excellant for me,quik and simple.Low price saw are plagued with vibration,but a nice tight blade rids some of it.there are many solutions for vibration but a book is nessecary to explain all.A 2010 saw is the easyest,! lol thanks for asking ,some one else will be by shortly.there was a company that had mod's but no more. :)

Mal, When my sister past away 4 years ago, my brother inlaw gave me her Delta one speed scroll saw and I mounted it a heavy work bench and it still vibrated some but not as much as it did on what she had it mounted on. As far as changing to the Quick clamps, I couldn't tell you about that. You might give Delta a call and ask for the parts dept or the service dept and see if they could help you. I don't have that saw any longer as I didn't have any need for it. Sister use it to cut werly gigs out of 3/4 in. pine and poplar wood. Hope this helps.

Ervin

You could always add a speed controler unit. Here's one I have played around with in the past. Mounted it right to the side of a bench unit that had a failed internal speed control. Was a lot cheaper than the stock MFG replacement. Just have to make sure that the electrical specs match up for what you need.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/5157248/router ... power-tool

Just a thought

Chance