dremmel scroll saw

countrycrafts

Mal, I have the 1800 scroll station. mine has the sander on the side. I have been using this saw since January of 04 and have not had any major problems with it. I don't know about the delta. I can only say blade changes are pretty simple and the quick release/tention lever is up front on the dremel 1800. which makes changing blades easier because you don't have to reach to the back like some saws. It's just my opinion but I really like my Dremel and will use it until it falls apart or I can buy my dream saw a RBI 26 incher. my scroll saw gets lots of use. Hope this was of some help.

I believe they quit making the model I have with the sander, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Dremel 1800/1830.

Hi Mal, the delta your showing us is a model ss250.That was my first saw and i wore it out in a year.It had vibrations above half speed bad.I would go with the dremil myself as i had 2 solid years use on mine.The connecting link that connects the top and bottom arms in the back has no lubrication points. When you hear a irriatable squeeking noise ,that 's where it's comeing from.On my second dremil i drilled two holes to where i can spray a lubricant into and on the pivot points of the connecting link.I also could'nt keep extra saw blades in the spare blade drawer on the machine as they vibrated out with the drawer closed.If you try to use spiral blades on the dremil i would buy the flat end ones as i could never get the twisted ones to hold in the blade chuck.The dremil is a beautyful machine,with lots of creature comforts ,wide large work area,up front controls,up front blade tightining ,up front seeable on off switch.My switch quit working and i took it apart and cleaned out the saw dust and made a drain hole so that problem would stop happening.Hope this helps. :)

Back at ya!The noise is ok, and very quiet on both machines.Vibrations on any machine less than $500.00 is going to be there.Look at "Grizzley tool.com and they have a credit up to $500.00 for you to get started.Their dw788 should satisfy you greatly till you can up grade to the thousand dollar saws.I'm happy just scrolling so give me what ever and i'll make modifications to make a better mouse trap out of it .Makes me feel proud to use something i made better.hope this helps. I'd get the dw788 from them on credit but now is not a good time and there's no way i could pay time payments to them. :sad:

i to have a dremel 1830 it has the lube points that were mentioned but it still squeeks after awhile the vibration i think is to much so i just keep the speed on the lower numbers as far as the spirals go i agree make sure you get the flat ends instead of the twisted ones like i have. thank god they are almost gone but what i did was take a small hammer and tap the ends flat and they do hold ok. when i bought my dremel i got it right from dremel and i thought they said they were discontinuing their scrollsaws so parts could be a problem anyone else hear that or did i mis understand which wouldnt surprise me either lol all in all its not a bad saw for the money

marc

Hello tugbtr1, I too tryed the hammar trick but was very happy to retwist the blade straight on the ends with two plyers.hope this helps. :)you have to lube the connecting arm on the 1830 by takeing off the side cover or quick and simple drill; a hole and fog some lube in where the link is.Mine only lasted a year till i found out where the squeek was comeing from.Had i known then i could have run alot longer.Only the top arm is the one to wear out on every scroll saw i ever had.No lube points to lube,shame on them. :)