Always liked this pattern

heppnerguy

I ran against this pattern several years ago in ARPO and always wanted to cut it but never got around to doing it. So today I decided to give it a go. I found a peace of wood laying around and decided to give it a go.  I especially liked the lighter color of the wood, even though it had a crack in it. Since it was only for the fun of cutting and was not an order for anyone, I decided to cut it. It turned out that it was not a good wood choice as it was too thick for the small pattern and would have been a lot better if I had used 1/4 inch BB Birch instead. I guess this has just been a day of bad choices for me. But at least nothing was lost as I got in some shop time and that is always worth my time. I will redo this one again when I get a new wood supply

Dick

heppnerguy

rushmoore.PNG

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Looks mighty fine to me.   And I like the wood, it has character. 

That is a piece of Juniper that I brought with me from  Heppner. I thought the tone of the wood was fitting for this piece. I wish I would have ran it through the planer first and thinned it out. Live and learn

Dick

heppnerguy

37 minutes ago, rjR said:

Dick, I used to have a wood burning stove in my shop for the poorer choices of the operator.

That is a tough pattern and still came out well.

The Mount Rushmore is even more impressive to actually see. I want to see the "Crazy Horse" again too. When I saw them the C-H was barely started.

I agree as I have been there a couple of times.  I have a niece that was there this year and showed me photos of Crazy Horse. The progress on it is extremely slow and I am not sure that it will ever be finished.

Dick

heppnerguy