DeWalt Setup III

Vector01

Saw Table...The table must weigh as much as the saw :shock: No suprises here. Placed on the rear pivot installed a blade, aligned the blade to the blade hole in the table and screwed it down. The table adjusted easily for bevel cuts. The only issue is that you can't get a full 45 degree right tilt because the blade screw stops the table (as noted in the manual).

Squaring the blade to the table...Set the table to zero and used my 2" machinist square to check the blade. No problem. I did note that when viewing the blade from the side with the upper blade arm up the blade was slightly off (see pic)

post-695-134955554697_thumb.jpg

Unlike some other saws the blade holders on the DeWalt are fixed to the arms they do not pivot/swing freely. This probably accounts for the slight angle in the blade. I thought this might present a problem when cutting sharp turns, circles, etc. I took a piece of 1/4" ply and cut a few basic shapes (circles, squares, etc.). I didn't have any problems. Although I won't be able to give it a good test until I get it set up on the stand. Speaking of which...Time to set it up. Later!

Very good ART ,i see your a dw788 mechanic now ! lol Blade angle like your talking about only causes a tee pee cut effect on thicker woods ,especially harder ones i've notest. my table used to go out of align frequently till i examined the problem and remidied it .I leaned on the table move the saw around constantly to cut larger items and cause alot of stress to the table alignment settings offen.Your veiw of the blade angle is one i don't have in my records of the yellow bird,thanks for the heads up on that one. No matter what it seems you can't have all the eggs in one basket with out a broken one,lol.Your saw delievery was in record time.Keep us posted regularly so we can keep up with your findings. :)

Not a major problem...I did run into a more serious snag. Went to setup the stand and it's gonna be too high. Top of saw table comes to my chin when I'm in my wheelchair:grr: I kinda expected this. My plan was to cut down the legs but this would take me forever with my dremel. Simple fix...Use my old stand with some minor modification. I'm hell bent on doing some cutting tommorow!

Hello ART, no matter what it's allways harder.I looked in "my stuff" which is your stuff and man alive are you blessed with talent.Your right up there with the best and you are one of the best.A qui :) ck fix for you to saw some wood tomorrow is a cushion on the wheel chair so your up an at em better.Just a though as i know your ichin to make some saw dust.