Hello from Yorkshire, UK.

Foxfold

Thank you for letting me join your community. I've never joined one before, but this one looks very friendly.

My hubby and I have recently retired so I've decided to have a go at scrolling.  I've done a few little things and have found

it most enjoyable. I will never reach the dizzying heights of 'expert' but I'm enjoying the learning curve.

My hubby has an enormous workshop and I've taken over a corner of it for my stuff. 😁

I'm looking forward to reading and learning from the vast experience on this forum

With Kind Regards

Brenda

Hi Brenda and welcome to the Village from across the pond here in the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains here in East Tennessee.  It's nice to have you join us.  Glad you found the saw and the village.  Its a great place to hang out and learn from so many others who are willing to share.  Like you, my hubby was the one with the workshop and he kindly shared a corner of it for my saws and sanders I use for Intarsia work.  Great to have good hubbies isn't it. 😍  Look forward to your participation here in the Village and seeing what you are crafting.

17 hours ago, Foxfold said:

Thank you for letting me join your community. I've never joined one before, but this one looks very friendly.

My hubby and I have recently retired so I've decided to have a go at scrolling.  I've done a few little things and have found

it most enjoyable. I will never reach the dizzying heights of 'expert' but I'm enjoying the learning curve.

My hubby has an enormous workshop and I've taken over a corner of it for my stuff. 😁

I'm looking forward to reading and learning from the vast experience on this forum

With Kind Regards

Brenda

Brenda Brenda Brenda,You are very welcome to join the club and your our newest member from across the pond. We'dd love more than anything to see photo's of your shop. Show us your scroll saw and firewood projects! So on that note You'll  be one happy camper finding us! Don't miss a day here as new tips and tricks will make your scrolling a dream come true for relaxation and just float the day by having the yime of you life being very creative. welecome again friend!!!

Thank you all for your warm welcome. 'loftyhermes' - I'm in Doncaster, J37 on the A1, so we are practically neighbours LOL.

Kevin, I'd show what I've done but don't know where to 'put' it, 'bragging rights' is all I can find and I'm not sure I've ever done anything worth 'bragging' about 😆 

I could take photo's of my husbands workshop and my little corner of it, but again I'm not sure where to post them.

So many questions, so little knowledge ...

I must be the dimmest newbie on the block, I know I'm a little out of my depth.

I'm used to being the 'go to person' for a lot of people, so to be the one that  is asking so many 'daft' questions' is

a little unnerving 🤣

G'day from Kalgoorlie Western Australia Brenda,
You are sure to enjoy scrolling, I find it very relaxing (with the exception of those fine cuts that break away, but a few choice words fixes that :) )
I have not been a member of this group for long, but everybody seems keen to help out and are very friendly.
Cheers
John

Brenda, after reading on here about how far they travel over the other side of the pond, we are neighbours (it's about 32 miles to J37) and should be having tea or coffee together everyday. 😂😂

Also don't be afraid to ask anything, we all started just like you, only in my case there was no internet to ask, all trial and error.

Hi Brenda, welcome to the Village, the friendliest scrolling place around.  I'm Marg also from Australia and even though I hate to say it, maybe one of the longest serving members.  :oops:  Any question you need answered just ask even if you think its stupid because we have all asked them because we all started off just like you.  I have a third of my husbands garage too. ;)  So pull up a chair and make yourself at home, you will soon get the feel of the place and where to post things.

Marg

Hello Brenda, Just had a look at the photos of yours on bragging rights. Well done. Nice cuttings. Also nice burning. Your name burnt into the two signs are very good but the writing on on the smaller dog sign is very high quality considering the size. 

What I would say about only using pin end blades, some saws can be fitted with catch/bracket that allows both pinned and pinless so that would be a cheap fix. 

I had family in Intake, just beside the racecourse, so I know Donny well.

Bob

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, meflick said:

Hi Brenda and welcome to the Village from across the pond here in the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains here in East Tennessee.  It's nice to have you join us.  Glad you found the saw and the village.  Its a great place to hang out and learn from so many others who are willing to share.  Like you, my hubby was the one with the workshop and he kindly shared a corner of it for my saws and sanders I use for Intarsia work.  Great to have good hubbies isn't it. 😍  Look forward to your participation here in the Village and seeing what you are crafting.

Hi Bob, nice to meet you. I'm married to a Dubliner. We live just off Green Lane, on the Great North Road.  Got some posh neighbours but tend to keep my own council. Love it here, there's so much space.  Enjoying my scrollsaw, although don't do anything as intricate as some, my fingers don't work 'that' well. LOL.

Welcome to our world wide family. I think you will find that the more you post and participate here, the faster you will also feel like part of our family. You can not find friendlier or sharing people than are right here on this sight. Feel free to explore all the areas of this sight and enjoy your new adventure in wood fun. So from sunny and warm Southern Arizona, I bid you a big

WELCOME

Dick

heppnerguy