DeWalt Setup IV

Vector01

Anybody bored yet? OK...A note on the blade screws. I noticed when stoning, the machined pins in the blade screws? I figure the logic behind that was once the pin contacted the screw it would not turn, preventing blade twist. Betcha it looked great on the drawing board :roll:

I went ahead and tried something I did on the Hitachi. I removed the thumb hold down screw and tried it in the blade holder. It worked. A good idea in case you need a blade screw in a pinch. The hold down screw has a much wider contact surface than the pinned blade screw. Hmmm...Very Interesting.

Distance between blade holders...I had no issues with this. Plenty of extra blade beyond the blade screws on both upper and lower holders. So far so good :thumbs:

Tensioning lever...Another common problem is maxing out the tension on the lever to tension the blade. No problems so far. I get proper tension on the blade at #2 setting. Theres an easy fix if needed by adjusting the tension rod.

Upper arm lift...No mechanical issues. Although you need three hands to lift the arm, hold it up and feed the blade into the hole. I came up with a quick fix. Made a simple hold up from scrap oak (see pic). Works great. I don't think I'll even need an "easy lift."

post-695-134955554723_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Art ,Good info again.I enjoy the easy lift as it put's the arm up and out of the way when you loosen the tention and the blade by it'self.Then i thread the project thru the wood pull down on the arm and hold it with my 4 fingers and push the blade in with my thumb of the same hand and tighten the thumb screw with my right hand. makes it very conveinient .

hi john ,you'll find all your looking fornow at the bottom of this page when you first come in to this forum .Page three of this talk is the start of dw788 repairs and tips and tricks .Check out all the pages 1 thru 10 to find all you can about problems with the dw788. Hope that helps if not chime in again for more help .we get you going! :)