DW788-First Cut

Vector01

I looked thru my patterns and found a lighthouse I had did a while back. This had all the elements I was looking for. I wanted some curves, straight cuts, squares, etc. Loading a FD-PSR5 blade (my usual for 1/4" ply) I was off.

I began cutting and noticed I was drifting off line quite a bit. Hmmm...I stopped checked my blade to square and my tension. Nothing wrong here. I quickly discovered that I was applying side pressure to the wood when I was cutting. Evidently I had developed a bad habit cutting with the Hitachi. The Hitachi was a lot more forgiving than the DW788. You can see these mishaps in the cut which I refer to as "artistic interpretation" or commonly known as "boo-boo's." :oops:

Now I understood what they meant when they said that the DW788 cut aggressively. If you feed it material it will cut it :lol: Forward or sideways it bites hard :lol: Consciously trying to correct the side pressure issue while I cut I finished the piece.

[attachment=0]First Cut.jpg[/attachment]

I'm giving the DW788 a 90% :thumbs: I'm very pleased with the performance. All the errors were due to the operator not the machine. Onwards and upwards.