Getting Better I think

WigWag Workshop

Good Day All!

Here is my latest cut. I decided I would surprise my lady this morning with some flowers and name plate. The basket and flowers were purchased, I made the name plate. The more I cut, the more I am learning. I am having an issue with the tape coming lose, and sawdust getting between the tape and pattern, thus not being able to see the lines. I am starting to see some improvement, with my cuts, and learning from my "mistakes". The main point is I am having a lot of fun!

Steven

hello STEVEN , i was just teaseing you with a compliment. but yes you can do a basket with a scroll saw . Steve good has a few on his do it your self site .But it looks like your climbing the scroll saw ladder at two rungs at a time.this is a good thing.To add reall pazezz to the name rout the edge with a dremil with the right attachment. Wish i had that attachment .That will spiff it up many notchs (bamm).how do you like your new saw?Putting the name on a stand is a welcome thing to do too.Gives it more caracter,actually any thing more you do to the name takes it up a notch .funny i don't listen to myself ,lol. :)

Thanks everyone for the replies and comments. I am/was using a cheaper packing tape. A few things I have learned - 1) I need to use a thicker paper, the spray glue I am using "bleeds" through the paper, distorting the pattern a little. 2) I need to purchase a better quilaty tape. 3) I need to let the glue dry a bit, and secure the tape better before cutting.

Thanks Again All,

Steven