Had a try at 3D

Don Recardo

11 hours ago, Don Recardo said:

Hi ,

Being new to scroll saw I'm trying the different types of scrolling to see what I like

Well I have had me a try at intarsia and I liked that so now I thought I would give a

3D / compound cutting a try . I didnt think it would be very succesfull so only used a bit of

2x2 softwood  from the diy shop , Didnt see the point in wasting expensive wood , but I was suprised , it came out not too bad

so I will have to have another try using a nice hard wood

Don

Icicle 1.jpg

Now that's perfect in every way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind replies .

For the last few days I have been trying another intarsia but this time tried to be a bit more adventurous.

My first intarsia was Kathy Wise's Goldfish  (Its on here called my my first try with the scroll saw)

It was probably as easy a pattern as you can get as its all cut from the same piece of wood so really the cuts cant help but line up

for my second  try I have done Kathy Wise's Mice with Cheese which was more of a challenge because it uses more than one kind of wood 

so has to be made to fit properly

I shall put it online as " My second Intarsia " . I think I'm beginning to like this scroll Sawing hobby