well wouldnt ya know it....

tomsteve

after getting the VS fixed on my excaliber i was making quite a bit of dust. having an enjoyable day in the shop and wouldnt ya know it, the top blade clamp decided to strip its threads. i guess 4 years and a jillion times threading through holes finally wore it out.

i have faith ray at seyco will have me back in business before the weekend.

now i have no excuse to put some finish and ribbons on ornaments!

9 minutes ago, tomsteve said:

after getting the VS fixed on my excaliber i was making quite a bit of dust. having an enjoyable day in the shop and wouldnt ya know it, the top blade clamp decided to strip its threads. i guess 4 years and a jillion times threading through holes finally wore it out.

i have faith ray at seyco will have me back in business before the weekend.

now i have no excuse to put some finish and ribbons on ornaments!

Now would be a great time to upgrade to the Pegas clamps. I just installed mine and what a difference. You can actually see where the blade goes. And they did help a lot with the vibration at different speeds. I didn't like the cost but it was an upgrade that is worth it. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Now would be a great time to upgrade to the Pegas clamps. I just installed mine and what a difference. You can actually see where the blade goes. And they did help a lot with the vibration at different speeds. I didn't like the cost but it was an upgrade that is worth it. Good luck.

Definitely agree with Ray. 

ray at seyco is awesome. no problem cancelling order and pegas clamps ordered. cmon mailman!!! oooo- there he goes. think ill go see if there here. :)

yeah, a wee bit antsy to get back to scrolling. :)

a little antsy to get past the holidays and start on my winter project,too!

Just now, tomsteve said:

ray at seyco is awesome. no problem cancelling order and pegas clamps ordered. cmon mailman!!! oooo- there he goes. think ill go see if there here. :)

You will be VERY happy.

22 minutes ago, Foxfold said:

Awww, I've just checked and they fit Axminster Trade Series EX-16, EX-21 and wouldn't you know it I have the EX18.  😞 

The should still fit. The 18 only refers to the capacity of what can be cut. The mechanism should be the same. Don't quote me on that but I'll bet they will fit.

2 hours ago, tomsteve said:

Might be a drive but I have my stock clamp that doesn't have much time on it if you need to get to making dust before the Pegas arrives...

I changed my top clamp on my Ex21 just the other week, same thing. I had one new set as a backup, had it sitting for quite a few years. When you can't depend on spare parts being available and them taking weeks, sometimes a month or more to arrive via the Australian distributor it pays to be prepared. Nor All I've got to do is get helicoils inserted in my two lots of stripped clamps and I'll be set for a few years ;) .  Can't really justify the pegas clamps at the moment with our dollar looking like a submarine they'd set me back $160.00au

Edited by John B
re calculation

On 10/3/2018 at 6:24 PM, kmmcrafts said:

Might be a drive but I have my stock clamp that doesn't have much time on it if you need to get to making dust before the Pegas arrives...

thanks for the offer!

not a bad roadtrip to me.i used to live in west branch. was diagnosed stage 3c metastatic melanoma in '06. care was at U of M cancer center Ann Arbor. 300 mile round trip. did it many,many,many times over the next 2 1/2 years. then every 3 months for a few years.

plus, lots of roadtrips around northern michigan over the years. tunnel of trees out of harbor springs was at least every fall and 10 hours driving( usually riding on the scooter but occasionally in the car) roundtrip but well worth it.

it would be a great reason to head that way and hit up the gilmore museum that ive been wanting to go to for quite a few years.

buuut, im gonna be working between raindrops this weekend putting new windows in a family friends house.

Edited by tomsteve

welp, parts were sposed to be delivered by 8pm thursday the 11th. friday morning i get an email:

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

looks like im workin in the yard this weekend.

1 hour ago, tomsteve said:

welp, parts were sposed to be delivered by 8pm thursday the 11th. friday morning i get an email:

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

looks like im workin in the yard this weekend.

I guess on a more positive note... at least it's not raining again today... Not sure where you ordered this from but seems like it's been quite a while... I'm thinking mine only took a few days.. 

2 hours ago, tomsteve said:

ordered from bear woods. ive gotten things on the slow boat from china faster. :)

That's my biggest complaint about Bear Woods. I ordered blades from them and if I recall it took about 2 weeks to get to me. I hate waiting. I'm too old now and time is short. Like that proverbial "toilet paper" roll spinning faster and faster.

Yeah, several years ago I bought some clock movements from them and they took 2-3 weeks. I never have bought anything from them since then.. Bought my Pegas clamps from qtena.com as they was on sale.. even though I've never heard of the place.. but I think my clamps was here in like 4 days.. 

8 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah, several years ago I bought some clock movements from them and they took 2-3 weeks. I never have bought anything from them since then.. Bought my Pegas clamps from qtena.com as they was on sale.. even though I've never heard of the place.. but I think my clamps was here in like 4 days.. 

About an hour from where I live Kevin. Up near the wood place that I found. I could hit them both in an hour or so.