Hi from Alberta, Canada

Tomanydogs

Hi my name is Irene. I bought a scroll saw last November, now I’m hooked. So many things I want to scroll, so many techniques I want to try. My mind is racing with ideas. I use spiral blades and have made many projects, now I need to figure out the straight blade, I find it challenging. I’m glad to be on this forum and I will be absorbing all your years of expertise. 

Welcome from East Tennessee. Glad you have joined us. Look forward to your participation and seeing some of your work. I have not been brave enough to try spiral blades yet. I hear it can be a love or hate relationship with those. I originally started with Intarsia work about 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks to all the great folks here in the Village, I have expanded that out into other areas of cutting,

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to meet you.  I use to scroll mostly with spiral blades, but decided to really give flat blades a try.  Now I use both depending on what I am cutting.  I am very happy that I learned to use both, make scroll even more fun. 

I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Edited by Scrappile

On 10/15/2018 at 7:15 PM, Tomanydogs said:

Hi my name is Irene. I bought a scroll saw last November, now I’m hooked. So many things I want to scroll, so many techniques I want to try. My mind is racing with ideas. I use spiral blades and have made many projects, now I need to figure out the straight blade, I find it challenging. I’m glad to be on this forum and I will be absorbing all your years of expertise. 

Welcome, Friend! I'm amazed at finding scrollers that learned with spirals first and foremost. You started at the top and stayed there! Can't wait to see your Portfolio of scrolled projects.Hope you become a regular here!

13 minutes ago, amazingkevin said:

Welcome, Friend! I'm amazed at finding scrollers that learned with spirals first and foremost. You started at the top and stayed there! Can't wait to see your Portfolio of scrolled projects.Hope you become a regular here!

Hi Kevin, truth is if I hadn't found the spiral blade I won't be scrolling now. But I am practicing with a straight blade and everyday it gets better.