Cold shop

Woodrush

My DeWalt didn't like much below 25-30F it'd spit and spudder for the first couple of cuts.. I didn't like running it that way so I put a heater back by the motor and let it warm up a little before I started sawing... Then I bought my Hawk.. I think that thing would run in anything.. but I do know it wouldn't run when the power went out once, 😂

2 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I'm not sure about the saw but I can tell you for sure that I'm not good below 60 degrees. I lose all interest in most everything when it gets too cold. That's why I live where I live. The good old Pacific Ocean acts as a radiator and keeps the temp swings pretty mild.

I don't even live in California and I'm no good below 60 degrees.  My shop is in my basement.  If it was in an unheated garage or shed, I'd never set foot in it between November and April.

3 minutes ago, Bill WIlson said:

I don't even live in California and I'm no good below 60 degrees.  My shop is in my basement.  If it was in an unheated garage or shed, I'd never set foot in it between November and April.

Well, I'm not lucky enough to have heat or a/c but most of the time it's pretty comfortable in my little shop. My biggest problem is that is under a part of the aluminum driveway awning. Not sealed in any way from the ambient air. But, all in all, it's workable. If I had to live where it gets freezing cold or oven baking hot, I'd just sit in the living room and watch tv.