Cuckoo Clock

Retired Scroller

2 hours ago, trackman said:

I have a co-co clock but has two weights one for the time one for the bird. What is your third one for?

That is a musical clock. The third weight is to control the music box. Would like to know is it a mechanical movement or a quartz movement??  Very nicely done. Those can be very finicky to keep working properly. 

16 hours ago, DWSUDEKUM said:

Very impressive.  That came out great.  How long did it take?

DW

These detailed projects take time & patience. Which I have being retired now. I may only work an hour or two on a project each day to maintain focus. I move to other non-scrolling projects and tasks through the day. I find myself planning for each day's scrolling projects by thinking & visualizing steps in the evening (and night).

16 hours ago, Retired Scroller said:

This is a project I completed earlier this year. Not an old time bellows cuckoo. It has a working electronic cuckoo. 

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

The clock plan is from Scroller. I also purchased the quarts movement from them. I found out later I could buy the same movement from Clockparts.com at half the cost ($82).

10 hours ago, munzieb said:

That is truly a piece of art. It reminds me of the one we bought in Germany Black Forest back in '92. Old Bellow style and the man's arm goes up and down with the beer mug  on the hour with the Cuckoo. Still working. I'll have to check out the plans from Scroller.

20181024_115256.jpg

I could use a reminder that it's beer time, If I had the money! Excellent job!

Edited by amazingkevin
missed spelled

10 hours ago, Retired Scroller said:

The clock plan is from Scroller. I also purchased the quarts movement from them. I found out later I could buy the same movement from Clockparts.com at half the cost ($82).

I was just about to ask is you bought the movement from Scroller.  Looks like the same one recommended for my pattern.  Another thing that has delayed me, the cost of the movement.  I will have to check out Clockparts.com.  A question, can you build one of these clocks without having the movement?  Get the movement later, and install it or are parts of it built into the clock as you assemble it?