Border Collie

heppnerguy

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Okay, Dick.... I will catch up to your talents someday.  That is some of the finest cutting I have seen....  Great job, sir. 

Great framing also.

I have so many projects lined up now I will not know where to begin... Getting really anxious to get back to the shop.

You and both know that you do better work with cataracts then I am capable with my Excalibur saws, a magnified light, and all the efforts combined, but I do have a small advantage right now because you can not use your saw, so that helps me in the point category for a small amount of time.  I need to call  you tomorrow. We have not talked for a little while and I am only about 10 days away from going  to  Heppner, then I can come up to your house again and bore you to death once more.

Dick

A border collie story.

Once upon a time, many many years ago, my Dad was working in an orchid. He heard a dog yelping and and bloke yelling so went to investigate. Well this mongrel man was giving the poor old dog a hiding so Dad gave him one and took the dog.
We named her Trixie and if ever there was a faithful dog she was it.  She used to help round up the cattle and sheep and play with us kids until she heard a car coming down the road in the evenings. She would then run to the gate and wait for Dad to get the car through and jump in the front with him. She would follow him everywhere while he was home. And when she could she'd go to work with him.
A great dog and she had some beaut pups over the years.

Edited by John B

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, John B said:

A border collie story.

Once upon a time, many many years ago, my Dad was working in an orchid. He heard a dog yelping and and bloke yelling so went to investigate. Well this mongrel man was giving the poor old dog a hiding so Dad gave him one and took the dog.
We named her Trixie and if ever there was a faithful dog she was it.  She used to help round up the cattle and sheep and play with us kids until she heard a car coming down the road in the evenings. She would then run to the gate and wait for Dad to get the car through and jump in the front with him. She would follow him everywhere while he was home. And when she could she'd go to work with him.
A great dog and she had some beaut pups over the years.

What a fun story. I was able to spend some time with my granddaughter at her home where they have 7 border collie dogs. 4 of them are puppies, they are so cute and lovable. I am not much of a dog person, but they were really intelligent and well mannered, even at a young age. Thanks for taking time to write me this story. It is a real heart warmer.

Dick

heppnerguy