Hello from West Tn.

Tnpete

Hello everyone, started playing with a scroll saw 16 years ago. Bought a cheap one at Lowe's. After turning it into junk in 5 months. Upgraded to a Dewalt DW788 No1 after the Delta saw bit the dust. Cut every chance I had for a good while. Then health issues, stopped me from cutting for a while. Would still use the saw a couple times per year.

Started back again, and man it feels good to make dust again. Ordered a couple gross of blades to keep me in blades again. And have enough wood to cut for months stocked up. Hope to keep busy for a while for sure..

2 Grand sons and 2 Grand Daughters only one likes the saw. 2 like playing on the lathe. Would rather they like the saw. Safer for sure, but as long as they like doing it. Its all good and should keep them out of trouble. HAHA

Been Turning Ink Pens and stuff. But have plans on making some picture Puzzles for Xmas gifts. Never tried cutting those, but look like fun.

Welcome TNPete from the foothills of the great Smokey Mountains over here to your far left in East TN. Glad you have joined us and that you have returned to your saw. Look forward to seeing your work and having your participation here in the Village. Lots of projects and things to try on your saw. Look around in the Pattern area and Bragging area for lots of ideas.

Edited by meflick
Typo fix

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Toothpick said:

Welcome from a fellow Tennessean! 

Stupid question - what is a “gross” of blades? 

Many places that sell blades will give a small quantity discount if you order in bulk. A “gross” of blades is 12 doz. blades or 144. Most that I have ordered from will let you “mix” so it doesn’t all have to be the exact same blade. Not sure all do thst however so verify before ordering to be sure.

1 hour ago, meflick said:

Many places that sell blades will give a small quantity discount if you order in bulk. A “gross” of blades is 12 doz. blades or 144. Most that I have ordered from will let you “mix” so it doesn’t all have to be the exact same blade. Not sure all do thst however so verify before ordering to be sure.

Thank you!