Black Friday Shopping

browders

I avoid Black Friday shopping like the plague. However, I received a sales email from Michael's Crafts a couple of days ago. Michael's is my only available source for BB plywood in this area. They had a buy online, pick up in store sale of 40% off. I jumped all over that. I picked up the items from the store and walked out without having to stand in any lines. Feeling pretty good.

Good deal Jim. I believe the long lines are a thing of the past. I believe that is overhype these days. More people wait for cyber Monday for sales and yes more crowds in stores but that is a good thing for the economy. It is the shopping season and you will see crowds now. Electronics is always the biggest draw. Those are the stores to be aware of. But the prices they are getting for big screen TVs today just makes you want one. Amazing where we have come with them. 

I went to Lowes and picked up 2 Craftsman 16 gal shop vacs for $40 each. They had plenty but I went early and there was no crowd at all. Normal crowd. My last Craftsman shop vac just died a couple weeks ago from the abuse I put it through over 20 years. I like these vacs because it has a 2" hose and that matches up to the dust ports on a couple sanders tools I use. Perfect timing for me and great deal. Reg. price $99

We almost always go out shopping.. They've made the deals too easy for them to have the real crazy crowds.. because use to be black Friday was one day.. now you have pre-black Friday small business Saturday and cyber Monday.. then there is just the plain ol internet shopping.. deals can be found with a little digging most any time of the year.. My wife wanted to get one of thse robot vacuums.. she waited in line in the cold to get one only to have them sold out before she got into the store where they was.. she was bummed about it.. They was at the Kohls store.. when we got home and later in the night mentioned how disappointed that she couldn't get one.. I got on Kohls website at 11:30pm and they had the same deal online as the stupid door buster deal.. why go out in the crowds when the same deals are online.. Yes there are deals you can't get online.. but mostly stupid little things like phone chargers and cables and just little things.. most can be found on ebay with free shipping anytime of the year, LOL. 

The crowds are getting to be less and less appealing to us now that the kids are bigger and don't really want little toys.. that seems to be the biggest deals.. the electronic deals.. they are online too..     

On 11/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Good deal Jim. I believe the long lines are a thing of the past. I believe that is overhype these days. More people wait for cyber Monday for sales and yes more crowds in stores but that is a good thing for the economy. It is the shopping season and you will see crowds now. Electronics is always the biggest draw. Those are the stores to be aware of. But the prices they are getting for big screen TVs today just makes you want one. Amazing where we have come with them. 

I went to Lowes and picked up 2 Craftsman 16 gal shop vacs for $40 each. They had plenty but I went early and there was no crowd at all. Normal crowd. My last Craftsman shop vac just died a couple weeks ago from the abuse I put it through over 20 years. I like these vacs because it has a 2" hose and that matches up to the dust ports on a couple sanders tools I use. Perfect timing for me and great deal. Reg. price $99

I got one of each, The Craftsman and the Shop Vac. Both were $40.  Didn't know which one would fit my small shop the best.  I'm gonna keep the Shop Vac.  It has a smaller footprint than the Craftsman.  The Shop Vac comes with only a 1 1/2" hose but I have a Rockler Dust separator hooked up to the vac.