First Show...

Dan

Not bragging, just didn't know where to post this. Did my very first show today and had a blast. It was at a local church and all I wanted was to make my registration fee back and meet some folks. I was lucky enough to sit next to a very nice guy that made some awesome boxes. Everyone of them were perfect. We talked and exchanged knowledge and ideas and will get together. The show was successful mainly because I had fun. I mostly sold pens but did sell the bear puzzle and saw with a deer scene in it. Both are in the picture below, but the saw is hard to see.

I did learn some things, also. The ornaments were cut from 1/8" plywood but were unfinished. Lots of people were amazed at the intricate work but didn't buy them. I will make them out of hardwoods for the next show. Yes, my wife is getting me into some more shows. I did make 4 3D sled ornaments and sold all 4 and some people came asking if I had any more. One reason was becasue I put the year on them. I also sold a few bookmarks.

Here's a few pics of the table. Thanks for looking.

Dan

Thanks guys.

Brett, I'll have to check on the pattern. I think I adapted it from someone elses pattern and turned it into a puzzle. I can't take credit for the original design. If I can find out who originally made it, I'll see if I can get permission to give it to you. I make the puzzle about 5 years ago so I need to clear a few cob webs in the attic. :D

MR.DAN,Very impressive and ulta high quality work.You should have been a real bread winner at the show.My mouth dropped open When i seen how good it all looks.I'm impressed.The craft show i visted across the street would have given you the blue ribbon for hand made stuff.Great post ,great job!You are the best! :)

Thanks everyone. I always wanted to try a show but am too picky about my work. My wife talked me into it. The booth was only $25 and I made over $300. But to see the customers' faces when they gave compliments was the best part. I still want to do better and this inspired my to put more time into the finishing.