Pegas Blades Failure

kmmcrafts

Ray recently posted about putting blades in the wrong way and how he discovered their mark on the Pegas to decipher top of blades. I didn’t see what he was talking about and thought maybe he was seeing things or I wasn’t 😂

So today I used up my last of a gross of blades and had to open up my new gross pack. There is the mark Ray talked about. This must be a new thing for Pegas and I have mixed feelings about it. First off this notch they ground into the top end of the blade weakens the blade in this area. The very tip is also ground and tends to be pointed more so which likes to catch on the edges of stack cutting layers while trying to insert the blade. While I could get use to it being pointed I suppose but not to sure about the weak spot they created with that notched part.  I did break one blade in this area BUT it was dull and I was pushing it just finishing up my last cut. But I do see it as a weak spot. 

Not sure if you can see the difference in this picture of the new blade vrs the old one.

E9097D84-35D9-42D3-929C-38F38B9AD691.jpeg

838DA6D9-35BA-439A-80F6-84E779606C67.jpeg