New Skating Pond Vignette Pattern

scrollgirl

I am finally able to show my Skating Pond Vignette that I designed. It is a set of 15 pieces and includes a small foot bridge and makes a wonderful winter scene. I was inspired by a set that my grandmother used to have when I was a child and I made some characters which resembled her set and also some that had meaning to me in my life. The pattern is quite involved and took me a long time to complete, but I am very pleased with the result. Although the pieces are painted, the instructions for doing so are simple and hopefully folks will want to give it a try. I hope you all like it. :)

Sheila

DSC05708.jpg

DSC05710.jpg

DSC05711.jpg

DSC05712.jpg

DSC05713.jpg

DSC05715.jpg

Thank you all for your nice comments. When designing this, I also was thinking of a set of painted lead figures that my grandparent had. I remember each year my sister and I would set up the little scene on a mirror and spray canned snow around the edges. It is a great memory.

The figures are really simple to paint. Just some solid coating and some shading. I do them with a brush and acrylic paint and they are surprisingly easy even for those who don't paint. I also offer all the instructions for the painting in the pattern. I hope it encourages people to give painting a try.

I appreciate your nice thoughts and encouragement. It means so much to me!

Sheila :D

Wow that is beautiful. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: My husband put up a winter village every year and I just showed him the photos and guess what, yes thats right he wants me to buy the pattern and make it for him. I probably won't get it done for this year but definatly next. I will be on your site soon Shiela.

Marg

Well, Well, Well,

Lookie who we have here. Hello Sheila. Looks like you've been busy. Didn't know you were on this Forum also!

I know you've talked about a Forum before but I thought it was Steve Goods Blog and not Travi's Forum! LOL.

Nice to see you around here also. And good work as always!

Handi

Sheila,

Yes he does. I've been here when he started up the Village. He used to just have a Blog, and he Implimented all of them together into this Forum and He's been doing Great with it all!

I just posted my Christmas Card Holder earlier. i try to get here as offten as I can as well, but Real life and all gets in the way sometimes or I forget or Im just not on the internet.

Handi

Hi, Handi!

Yep, Steve's blog and this forum and LJ's and Facebook. That is all I can handle right now! LOL I have to have time for scrolling, you know!

I like to come here as often as I can, as Travis also does a great job here! :)

Take care, Sheila