Steve Good Christmas Trees

Rob

2 minutes ago, Gordster said:

Great work Rob...you sure get a lot from rimu....

Thanks!  Rimu is lovely timber, now protected but I can often find bits here and there.  Sadly people are ripping out rimu kitchens from the 1940's and 50's and installing chipboard units. 

Here is my latest haul I picked up for $30 ($24USD, $27CAN).

Rob

rimu.jpg

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Thanks!  Rimu is lovely timber, now protected but I can often find bits here and there.  Sadly people are ripping out rimu kitchens from the 1940's and 50's and installing chipboard units. 

Here is my latest haul I picked up for $30 ($24USD, $27CAN).

Rob

rimu.jpg

I have an old chest of drawers here also.I got a couple of trivets from one drawer so far..After Christmas,going to rip the rest of them apart...

Its gold to us for sure ..

7 hours ago, JAC1961 said:

Very nice!  I printed this one out awhile back thinking it looked fairly straightforward.  Then I took a closer look and haven't been brave enough to start it yet. lol

Go for it John.  I'm sure you can do it.  I did modify the "Have yourself a very Merry Christmas" one to have stars in place of the snowflakes.  I cut the snowflakes on the first one I made but decided they were too much trouble.  And it's summer down here anyway!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...